Hate the delay

We had all the momentum hopefully when we come back we can get at least a couple more runs out of this have to with nobody out

With Casey Martin coming to the plate I like the delay! He has been too hyped up at the plate all day! Maybe he will get some encouragement from his teammates and settle down and come up with a big hit or a walk! What we don’t need to do is hit into a double play! We should score 2 more runs when play resumes.

Yea I think this benefits the Horns as a chance to regroup from an inning that was spiraling away from them.
Lets hope the Hogs come out & rattle the next pitcher.

Even a double play gets a run home as long as it’s not a 1-2-3 DP. I’d take that as opposed to a strikeout.

I don’t like the delay, either, but even with it, we’re still coming back to the plate with bases loaded & nobody out. We ought to get at least one more run. Could get 2 or more. Just need a long ball to any field or a base hit. Just no ground balls to the infield.

That’s the way I see it. The Horns have a lot more to worry about then the Hogs.

I bet they bring the right handed guy and hopefully get us ground-ball double play out of Martin but Martin is due the slam one

[quote=“youdaman”]

I bet they bring the right handed guy and hopefully get us ground-ball double play out of Martin but Martin is due the slam one

[/quote]Martin’s hit into only one DP all season. On the flip side, he has the Hogs highest batting average. A nice situation for the Hogs.

Me too! Patience at the plate to drive the ball by Martin. The 1-2-3 double play really would hurt. A strike out or pop out also would stink! We need a hit, walk or sac fly. But I would take a slam!
Maybe Casey gets it done and Heston comes up and has a chance too!
This would be a nice time to bat around.

We are in the cat bird’s seat.

It’s much better being down 5-2 with bases loaded and no out relatively late when there’s a rain delay.

If we just do a minimal amount of situational hitting after the delay we are going to be rolling.

The boys need to stay loose & warm in the locker room & not come out tight & flat trying to do too much all at once. Im sure DVH has some sort of regimen for these situations. Just have to keep an eye on the skies trying to predict the length of the delay I guess.

I never seen anybody with some much fear and worry with a 3-run lead, nobody out, the best hitters coming and a rested bullpen, but you know I love you Billy.

I’m loving the delay -writing stories and watching the US Open.

nodding

the players are gong to be playing in ground ball to a player goes home for force and maybe out at first need to get the ball throught the end field or were they can not get a double play

the players are gong to be playing in ground ball to a player goes home for force and maybe out at first need to get the ball throught the end field or were they can not get a double play

Well said. :smiley:

who said anything about fear! I just wanted to keep on pounding them while we were in a groove!