Has elmo permanently left the building?

I know he was suspended for a bit 2-3 weeks ago, but I don’t see any recent posting by him. Was wondering how he would react to our recent surge of commitments from Texas prospects, but I’m wondering if he’s decided to slink out quietly rather than face the music now that his narrative is falling apart.

Has he cancelled his subscription?

Let sleeping dogs lie.

That could be construed as an insult to sleeping dogs.

His suspension ended a couple of weeks ago. If he’s posted since then I’m happy to say I’ve missed it. Maybe he relocated under a new bridge.

pretty harsh personal criticism swine. thought the rules said no personal attacks. really uncalled for don’t you think.

70 x 7

My grandmother always told me if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything. I think Elmo takes the “something nice” and replaces it with “something attacking Chad Morris” and fanatically lives by that motto. At this point, with us being undefeated and Chad’s recruiting being much better than Elmo predicted, Elmo is probably laying low waiting for the first bump in the road (there will be several of those this year) to come back to gloat and attack Chad some more. Right now, there is “nothing he cares about” for him to talk about.

My grandmother always told me if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything. I think Elmo takes the “something nice” and replaces it with “something attacking Chad Morris” and fanatically lives by that motto. At this point, with us being undefeated and Chad’s recruiting being much better than Elmo predicted, Elmo is probably laying low waiting for the first bump in the road (there will be several of those this year) to come back to gloat and attack Chad some more. Right now, there is “nothing he cares about” for him to talk about.

Post with respect and civility. You don’t have to agree with someone to afford them the respect to post their thoughts, and you don’t have to like someone to be civil to them. If you have come to flame or you have an axe to grind, go elsewhere. This means no personal attacks - no name calling, no insulting comparisons (poster X is as dumb as a brick, etc.), and no editing of posters names in a mocking gesture. Do not use pejorative language to attack other posters, their character,

There is a big difference between fans with a strong different opinion, even when very negative, and a troll. If a poster has proven they have an open mind, shown that they want the best for the program, and they have a strong negative opinion then I listen up. They are a fan just like me but with a different view point. Elmo had never posted on this board or any other Razorback board that any of us are aware of until Chad Morris was hired. He only posted attacks against Chad Morris. That, to me proved he was just a Troll, but the administrators let him stay on the board until he started trashing Chad’s recruits when Chad started to recruit much better than Elmo had said he would. Only THAT triggered his long overdue, in my opinion, banning.

I do not think he is subscribed any longer.

Oops, sorry (not sorry.)

It appears he is no longer a board member. That makes him fair game

Ok

That calls for another round! :smiley:

Unfortunately he brought this on himself. By far NONE of us are perfect and we all say things from time to time that others might not agree with but when he started calling out recruits and attacking the coaching staff for recruiting such kids on a continuous basis then it had to happen. Rules are the rules.

I hope for his family’s sake, Sesame Street will give him another shot. :smiley:

The remarks about recruits was well over the top. But what always puzzled me was him stating opinions as facts. And then getting all mad when someone called his hand.

He won’t be missed.

Purge the dissenter!

Well, hoggle, there are positive dissenters and then there are negative dissenters. I have been a member of the HI forum (family?) since the days when it was first published as 4-6 page mimeographed sheets stapled together, and, in all that time, I can’t remember when a poster has been unjustly “purged” because of simply having a dissenting view. In fact, many times I have been irritated because I thought some folks who went well past simple dissension to the point of tearing down the program should have been banned but were not. Not surprisingly, most of those worked themselves out without my valuable input.

Dissent can truly be an effective tool when used in the right way. Very seldom is it effective when wielded as a bludgeon. Never interacted with elmo because I thought from the start that he was not dissenting, but was actively trying to tear at least some part of the program down. Is that too harsh? Maybe, but that was the impression I took from his views, and that’s enough for me to feel pretty good if he is indeed truly gone.

FYI, you are not thinking of Hawgs Illustrated when you say you remember the days of 4-5 pages stapled together from a copier. Our first magazine was published in June of 1992. It was 48 pages and was a 4-color slick publication, just as everyone has been over the last 26 years. Not once did I mail out something from a copier. We’ve always printed from a top quality printer. For the last 19 years, we’ve used Democrat Printing & Litho located near the airport in Little Rock. They are a top quality printer. But so were the other three firms we used.

No, you didn’t get anything from “HI” on a copier sheets. It never happened like that and I wouldn’t have left my job as assistant sports editor of the Tulsa World in April of 1992 to do such a thing.

I forgot, who was this Elmo poster? I can’t remember him. I forget somethings easily. And, that’s a good thing. Forgotten and purged. Long gone. Can’t believe he spent money to do what some remember. I’ve forgotten.