Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

I hope all our HI and hog fan peeps are good and safe this weekend. I am taking off today& Monday, my first working day off since Covid started two months ago. I’m tired. Going to celebrate my oldest son’s graduation (or getting finished…whatever we are doing without a ceremony?) this week at Louisiana Tech before he heads to Kansas City for dental school later this summer. Playing Mystic Creek in ElDorado today and my home course Squire Creek tomorrow with the boys. Got a bag of fresh gulf shrimp coming to fry and my smoker is ready for ribs and chicken. Going to be a feast around here with family.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great weekend. Since you regularly play on a Tom Fazio designed course, I am interested in your impressions of Mystic Creek.

Played Mystic Creek several times. It’s a beautiful course, and you’re going to love it, trust me.

Have a great weekend doctor. Thanks for giving us sensible updates on the virus but more importantly thanks for being on the front lines of fighting this pandemic.

Happy Memorial Day to all, stay safe have fun.
I’ll enjoy EID Holiday in Middle East.

I played Squire Creek a few years ago with a couple of my buddies and a member. It is a really fine golf course. Has anyone ever played a Tom Fazio course that was not just an outstanding design? He is a great course architect. We were about the only players on the course…that made it really nice.

Who designed Mystic Creek in El Dorado? My friend Wes McNulty won a State Match Play there and told me the course was tough, really tough.

Everyone enjoy a safe and fun weekend with family and friends. Moreover, everyone please take a moment to remember the 1.3 million service personnel who made the ultimate sacrifice for your freedom. God Bless and GHG!

I have played Mystic 3-4 times and it’s a tough course that is beautiful and a real challenge to all facets of my game. Today was the first time my oldest son has played Mystic and he carded a 74 from the back tees. He’s still got a scratch game with great touch around the greens and tremendous length. It was impressive to watch him play today, bc he easily could’ve broken par with a little better putting.
Both Mystic and Squire Creek are beautiful courses, but Squire is more forgiving off the tee and a little shorter. Both courses have tremendous green complexes that require precision on approach shots. Both have awesome practice facilities. Squire has a world class clubhouse and chef from New Orleans that make for a fine club experience.
I love both courses. Both are great tests of golf and a blessing to play.