Gym'backs are giving Auburn all they want

1 Auburn 147.950
2 Arkansas 147.850

… after 3 rotations.

3 Likes

We struggled on the beam.and auburn looked amazing on floor

2 Likes

Indeed. The Gym’backs need to find a way to have four good rotations.

3 Likes

Jordyn justs needs to find a few studs, and I really believe she will. She, and Kyla, are gymnastics royalty.
Very hard to beat a team with the reigning Olympic All-around champion, but I was proud of our girl’s fight.

What to look at is the improvement and that gives me hope! The Gym backs are getting better. Time is all
They need.

2 Likes

We are a very young team too. They get a little seasoning a f learn to deal with the mental aspect and we will be very good

2 Likes

Even with that, it was our best score of the season by 0.45 which will improve our national ranking (which is based on scores, not dual meet record).

It has seemed to me over the years that the judges we get in Fayetteville are pretty conservative in their scoring which doesn’t help our national ranking, Also our judges never give a 10, to us or anyone else.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Flatley was awesome!
Loved seeing the local girl. Lauren Williams too. She rocked on the floor!

1 Like

Jeff, you are so right to point that out. Gymnastics ranking are not built on W-L but composite scores. To have the slips they had I felt they did a remarkable job. Auburn’s gym places the visitor at a distinct disadvantage due several factors but most of a lot screaming students in close proximity to the floor. Great environment.

1 Like

Jordyn, has said she preparing the team for post season with development her objective rather than necessarily her season wins.

1 Like

Ranking climbed from 25th to 23rd. It will take a while to recover from the falls against Alabama.

1 Like