Gus Bus to stay parked in Auburn...

Look at the upside, Auburn got stuck with the bill and the man that will be looking for an out sooner or later. Anytime Gus losses two games or a game to Bama he’s on the hot seat at a school that will be caught cheating at some point in the near future. Perfect marriage from hell.

I agree with this. Who among us wouldn’t play the game to get more money. Greed often trumps another opportunity. In this case, he, or his agent, played their cards well and won, at least from a $$$$ standpoint. And, no doubt in my mind that he has what he needs to continue to have better chance of success on the field at Auburn than at Arkansas for the next couple of years.

It remains to be seen whether a new coach for the Hogs can sculpt and mold what is left after the dust settles into a team that will match their concept of operations. I still think we have talent. Watching Memphis, I kept wondering what players we have that would excel in such an offense. And, I thought wow, their defense is being shredded by UCF as bad as any shredding we took in the past two years. So, whoever we get better get a new defensive coordinator who knows how to judge and apply the talent on-board.

Certainly if we go with Norvell, he needs a great defensive coordinator. Other than UCF stopping themselves with an interception, etc., I don’t recall that Memphis ever stopped them.

From yesterday. Made me chuckle…