Guarded optimism...

I know it’s early and we are young but we look good. Is this team capable of winning enough games to get to the Big Dance?

Wouldn’t that be awesome in such a transition year of so many freshman and some sophs.

I’m guarded too, but love the b-ball IQ on this team.

This team will make the dance. No question. Real talent. Real heart. Real IQ.

I am very impressed with the whole roster. And Mike’s got them totally bought in.

I think they’ll make the dance too. The young talent we have don’t fear the pressure. They have the heart to win.
Next year will be better. The players on scholarship that the staff don’t believe will help the team I look for those to move on.
This may be the year we beat Kentucky.

I’m not guarded, I’m just enjoying every moment. They are fun to watch, conference play will be tough on them, but they are doing what they are supposed to do in non conference play, and in a big way. They are very young and will struggle. Making the Dance would be a solid accomplishment. IF they do get in, they will have shown the ability to make some noise. SEC play will be tough duty.

This young team has some real moxy, really the opposite of our football team the past 3 years.

A microcosm of the difference: football team at CSU has big lead, CSU starts to play, and football team rolls into fetal position and sucks its thumb.

basketball team has big lead at CSU, CSU makes a run, and basketball team punches them in the throat.

It’s odd that this team’s mental toughness makes me think that if they get into the NCAA’s, they will have a better chance to go win a game than our team of seniors last year. I don’t think anyone is going to want to play us by then, as Mike’s teams have always improved during the season (last year’s team the exception, but those kids had issues).

GHG

Most years I think this team would have a great chance to dance. However, the SEC this year is as strong as I’ve ever seen it. It will be very difficult to post a winning conference record. Our fate may very well rest in the hands and whistles of the men in stripes. How many wins will they cost us this year?

“A microcosm of the difference: football team at CSU has big lead, CSU starts to play, and football team rolls into fetal position and sucks its thumb.”

I don’t agree with that comment: First of all it is very difficult in a team sport to function properly if you have 1 or two kids in the skill position not being effective. The entire team suffered because of this, but I saw many kids fighting hard.

This basketball team is very young but it has talent the football team doesn’t have at this time.