Good read on Cole Kelley

https://twitter.com/wholehogsports/status/750740706415616000

Great read…I don’t believe the QB position is an area of concern right now :smiley: :smiley:

I have been very impressed with everything I’ve learned about Cole Kelley. He’s a big get. Well, he’s big. But I think he’s big as a player, too. I’ve also been impressed with what I’ve heard about his leadership skills. And, he wants to be great. Maybe, he will be great. He’s Mallett-like in size and with the cannon of a throwing arm.

The article seems to indicate that Cole Kelley could be a good QB for the hogs, or at least his high school coach seems to think so. It sounds like Kelley was able to really throw the ball in 2014. Anyone know when he might get on campus at UA? I wonder if he is working out now, and can still throw the ball? I look forward to hearing how he has developed over the past year or so.

2014 was his Jr. year - 2980 yards and 27 TDs
2015 was his Sr. year - 3203 yards and 28 TDs

I believe he arrived on campus on 5/28/16 and began classes 5/31/16 and is now in off-season workouts. Haven’t read anything on how he’s doing in his work-outs.

http://www.scout.com/college/arkansas/s … -the-beach

play high school football - a former pro QB alumni of Teurlings told me that Cole is one of the best HS QB’s he’s ever seen regarding his ability to read defenses and go thru his play progressions. I have no idea how good Austin Allen is (and nothing against him) but if he is similar to his brother I will be totally shocked if Cole Kelly is not playing as a freshman. I’ve been saying this since he committed and I’m not changing my story…

[quote=“Bayouhog”]
play high school football - a former pro QB alumni of Teurlings told me that Cole is one of the best HS QB’s he’s ever seen regarding his ability to read defenses and go thru his play progressions. I have no idea how good Austin Allen is (and nothing against him) but if he is similar to his brother I will be totally shocked if Cole Kelly is not playing as a freshman. I’ve been saying this since he committed and I’m not changing my story…
[/quote]

Uh uhm, apparently you didn’t watch AA’s brother play last year. Most will be very pleased if AA plays like that.
Nothing against Cole Kelly, but coming into the SEC as freshman QB and starting or even getting substantial playing time above the lot already ahead of him would be quite a feat.
Prepare for a redshirt for Cole.

That’s my point, I did watch BA play throughout his Arkansas career. Not saying he was deficient, rather I think Cole Kelly is a very capable QB - and physically gifted

Sigh. I wasn’t going to comment, but I just cannot resist. I’ve heard opinions from people that I respect and they have all been very high on Austin Allen. All of them remark on his ability to throw the deep ball accurately. Tyler Wilson talked about his mechanics, like a good golfer, Austin keeps his head still.

One other thing to remember is that Austin has many more (good) receivers as options than BA did.