Golfers making a late run in Norman

Four under par today, now three strokes out of the final qualifying spot for nationals. Still some work to do, but a lot closer than they were. William Buhl is -4 today, Tyson Reeder is -2, Alvaro Ortiz is -1. Luis Garza is the non-counter at +6, Mason Overstreet is +3.

One shot out of fifth now, but Florida State has finished so we have to catch them. Buhl and Overstreet have posted birdies. Two more get us in, one more is a playoff with the Noles.

Caught the Noles now. Ortiz and Garza still on course, and Garza is the noncounter. If Ortiz plays the last two holes -1, we’re in. Even par is playoff, over par is season over. No pressure there…

Ortiz birdied par 5, playing final hole with Hogs tied with Auburn for 4th. Par and the Hogs are in, bogey means playoff with FSU

Garza, like three of his teammates, birdied the par-5 eighth hole. We’re tied for fourth with Auburn. No playoff needed.

great finish by the team - good luck at the national finals!

Seven SEC teams are in the NCAA tourney. The more things change…

Wonderful rally by our team. I had almost written them off when I checked in on the live scoring this morning and found them 10 strokes off of 5th pace (at that moment). I checked back in a couple of times, and the last time I looked they were 3 shots off of qualifying with about 4 holes to play.

Gutsy performance.

Thankfully for us, Florida State’s #1 man had a rough showing this week. That allowed us to nip the Noles by a single stroke, get into the top five and advance.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/incre … moving-on/

Hogs had a great day to move on! Habit forming late comebacks on the final 9. Let’s hope they have a better day 2 on the NCAA championship and are able to win!
Go Hogs!