Going big this time

Ain’t working. Like what I saw last few minutes.

Go deep, play uptempo. play fast.

1 Like

I’ve been hoping playing small and fast might help Walsh find his offense. Seems like it helps pinion too. And probably all our guard. I don’t know. Gotta do something different. I don’t think we will ever win expecting the Mitchell twins to carry the offense.

I’m sure muss saw something in the matchups scouting reports but I don’t know why we haven’t tried more of the extended trapping zone that has worked well at times especially at lsu

Curious if muss makes some big obvious changes or just tries to fix the execution of the current approach

Let Graham start and play through some mistakes. He could not possibly play worse defense than Mitchell did in the 2nd half, and I don’t give a s$%t if he was in foul trouble.

3 Likes

Maybe we will need to do that at Mizzou. Go small. The defense of our so-called “bigs” was very disappointing today. Mostly they just stood there and watched Vandy players do layup and dunk drills at the rim. It was especially bad in the 2nd half. Going big isn’t working, so go smaller and faster.

1 Like

Just seems like we got to pick up the tempo somehow. Create more turnovers and get out in transition. Easier said than done and I know I’m staying the obvious as well. If we’re going to foul a ton, at least foul by trapping and pressing like Nolan’s teams used to do.

2 Likes

We never had January’s like this when I worked for Coach. I’m not gonna look it up, but I don’t ever remember losing 2 games in a row back then…damn sure not 3. With Muss, it’s an every year thing. I love Muss, but quite frankly, it’s exhausting…especially with this much talent.

1 Like

Very seldom, if ever, was NR rebuilding every year and implementing a new offense with the players he had. However, this is exactly what happens with Muss every year. New team, different offense. There is no comparison.

In 1995-1996 season, with 3 new freshmen, NR opened conference 2-2 and lost 3 straight in late February. I’d be surprised if Muss loses 3 straight in February. Interestingly, NR did just that coming off a runner up finish in the NC game.

NR lost back to back games several times. In fact in 1997 he opened conference 0-2. Of course the year he was fired he lost 4 straight and 3 straight. You should freshen up on the NR’s records, especially if your frustration stems from inaccurate information.

I hear ya, losing streaks are frustrating. We motivated this one. They were so mad, and so focused the second half.

1 Like

Ahem, I’m only gonna indulge you because you are so woefully ignorant. I really think your time would be better spent skinning a squirrel…or something.

First, the only times I referenced were when I worked for Coach…1991-1995. Don’t recall a single 3 game losing streak, because there were not any.

Second, after I left, the NCAA conducted a witch hunt against Coach which bore zero fruit, but it seriously hurt the program. In fact, Sunday Adebayo, a player the NCAA forced to transfer out, was allowed to come back…never happened before.

Third, this is how Muss apparently wants things to be. He could keep some of these kids that HE recruited, but he chooses not to…
every year.
But, times are different. Everything is “right here, right now” these days.
It wasn’t that way at all when Coach Richardson coached.

Is Muss’ way the right way? I have no idea. I guess time will tell, but I do know who won the only natty in Razorback Basketball history to this point.

One more thing, don’t ever question my knowledge about Nolan Richardson. He is family to me, and I love him. He brought me the greatest joy in my life.

You…naw. I wouldn’t even let you touch my ring.

1 Like

Game. Set. Match.

There you go @thehuntinhog - you don’t get to touch @jeremy ring. Put on sackcloth and ashes and think about what you’ve done. The foremost knowledgeable HI basketball expert has spoken.

The guy has thin skin and an inability to see past his ring. I’m surprised he still has it considering all the memorabilia he constantly talks about selling. Still degrades in an attempt to get folks to submit to HIS way. Ironically, one one think he may have learned something about degrading others having worked for coach from 91-95. Clearly not.

#iliveinthepastandtalkaboutmydaysasamanagertoemphasizemysuperiorknowledge

1 Like

It’s laughable to call someone a bully and then revert to bullying tactics. Then accusing him of degrading others by degrading him. I’ll take up for Jeremy. He’s passionate about our Hogs and he has knowledge and connections most of us dream about having. Go @jeremy.

2 Likes

Thank you, Danny. Proud to call you my friend. And, for the record, I would never sell my ring. Besides my dog, Hudson, my ring is the most precious thing I have.
Do I talk about it too much, yeah probably, but I also took it to Fayetteville when I met Muss and the team. Why? Because I desperately want them to win one.
Love you, brother.

1 Like

Can I have your ring?

2 Likes

Great post LD and spot on. It says an awful lot to see Huntin and 2009 teaming up as posting buddies.

2 Likes

No, but I would definitely let you wear it, Gas.
We like the same kind of basketball.

1 Like

dude, just go away

seriously, you suck

2 Likes

Gas would have to wear it on his pinky finger. He’s a large dude.

3 Likes

And…I’m not.
I’ll let him wear it on a chain if it gets us a natty, Fred.

1 Like

Double truth. Jeremy’s been there and done that. Observation trumps simple imaging’s.

1 Like