Glad to hear Mike mention the zone defense

This team actually played really good D in the second half. We were constantly in shooter’s faces as our zone had good movement. With 8 new players, playing a zone is probably the easiest defense for them to learn. I hope he uses lots more zone these last 6 games.

Zone defense saved our skin. In the first half, when we were playing man-press, we gave them open lanes, dunks and rebounds to score. The zone in the second half shut all that down. With only Blakeney to make plays, the rest had to pass the ball around. their scoring slowed and we made a come back. Yes, it’s first time I have heard MA acknowledge “Zone defense”. I too hope he uses it more.

We run zones often. CMA switches up defenses all the time, every game. We never run the same defense the entire game.

More often then not soon enough. Sometime wait until we are out of them game, and the Hawg is dead, as in Vanderbuilt game.

More often then not soon enough. Sometime wait until we are out of them game, and the Hawg is dead, as in Vanderbuilt game.

Yes, he switches to zones for a few minutes depending on the opponent and in-game circumstances, and on in-bound plays under the opponents basket. I have no way of checking, but I don’t believe I’ve ever seen him run zone for practically the entire 2nd half like he did tonight. It was very effective and in his post game interview he noted our zone was the difference in the 2nd half.

I don’t have have exact times, I just know we switch defense up.

BTW, is there a link anywhere for post game press conference?

I saw the after game interview by the SEC channel sportscasters. The SEC channel may play sound bites from it on their game run-downs. I didn’t hear the after game radio interview on the Razorback sports stations. It could be some of those radio stations may stream Mikes interview.