Generalhog from the Lounge

Said it better than I did.

Dick Vitale needs to retire.

Again, using my wife as an example of someone who doesn’t know who this guy is, asked me if he was “Kentucky’s home announcer” and I said no. SMH.

I’m going to call out Jeff Long on this one! Jeff Long needs to demand a public apology, not twitter, but a public apology from Vitale. I rewatched the two technical incidents at least 5 times to listen to Vitale. While I agree with him there was no need for any of those two technicals, he referred to OUR team as scum once, he called Kingsley a worm, and challenged our teams manhood on national television. He is a commentator on the game of basketball. HE HAS NO RIGHT, WITHOUT REPERCUSSION, TO MAKE STATEMENTS LIKE THAT!!! Long needs demand some sort of a public apology from him to our team and our state. Why our state you ask? Because this man throughout the entire game made references about “how we wish Monk was in our uniforms” or “how badly our state feels about him leaving” all this crap. Just trying to antagonize a fanbase, again, on national television.

Then he has the gall to preach about how he cares about player safety, YET I remember him defending the shenanigans of Christian Laettner back in the day. And most recently, one of the Harrison twins slapping a Wisconsin player and defending Grayson Allen for kicking a player in the nuts. Basically, if you are not a blue blood, you aren’t worthy to be on the floor in this mans eyes. Don’t believe me? Watch some of these 30 for 30 movies, where he denegrates Georgetown, the Fab Five, and Shaq.

Then man needs to retire.

Shameless bump. :slight_smile:

BTW where is that bump icon?

Anyone care to give, or respond to this post??

I think Mike did a good job of standing up for our guys, and did it by not mentioning SuckyV by name until pressed by Paul Finebaum. I wonder where Jeff Long is? Strange that he is so silent on this.

Thank-you irunalt.

Yes Mike did a good job on his answer to Paul. I really liked the post by Generalhog. I could have posted a lot more but as I’ve stated in the past it’s difficult for me to explain my thoughts. I sure didn’t like DV to keep bringing up MM. Did you notice the the other announcer had to bring DV BACK to the game at hand,

I tell you WHY I did the bump. I was wondering IF I was the only person that thought DV was out of line and should Jeff stand up for our team and State. I was mad and insulted, by Dick’s comments all the way. IF only the radio would have matched up with the game VS being 4-5 seconds ahead I would have just listened to our guys.

YES it makes me mad as heck when our State is attacked, and yes MM gets away with the throat slash.

Also thee is a great thread showing the Technical fouls by many others. Moses numbers are far better than those mentioned.

Again thanks for agreeing with this statement. IF I COULD DO SOMETHING THAT mattered I would have done it today. OR write something tomorrow.

BTW has anyone re watched the game and noticed the NO-Calls?

And one more thing was it only our players that caused the last few minutes shenanigans??

Anyone else agree or am I just out of line??

A poster board should be made of this in our dressing room.

THEN when we win this game every, coach, player, staff member should sign it and ship it to big mouth FIRST Class.

Take pictures to prove the authenticity. Maybe send it to his boss and the TV network.

Somebody needs to send out a memo about our 2 playes total body of work.

Yes I’m fired up. YOU don’t cut my State down.

I’ve sent my letter to ESPN !
This is what stands out! The SEC commissioner, Greg Stankey was front row for this game and watched it all! His refs.
After he listens to the entire game which he won’t he also should chin in. AD Jeff Long will do nothing it doesn’t help him personally too! Dick Vitale will get a pass because he always has. I will say this let him show his face inside the state of Arkansas and me see him. My friends I will not give him a free pass. His comments during that game were uncalled for and out of line.
It’s no different than announcers in a football game calling our team Arizona which has happened this past year!
When the Auburn player grabbed R. Williams face mask and brought him to the ground with it and broke his neck! Nothing but 15 yards. Go back and listen to the game again from yesterday and pay close attantion to how Vitale’s comment bash the hogs, the fans and the state prior to the 2 flagrant fouls. Take note to the fact that Monk’s actions of throat slashing were in front of the refs, Dick Vitale and SEC commissioner Greg Stankey. Not a word about any thing wrong with Kentucky at all.
It’s all about money and to anyone nationally we don’t hold any weight! We are suppose to get beat by Kentucky in basketball and Alabama in football. They expect our players and fans to take it and be happy just to be there.
I’ve never been this angry about anything in my life and I spent well over 20 years in the Army! The buck is poking to stop this time I’m fed up with it!
Mike Anderson will stand up for his players, the team, the fans and the state!

Good, GREAT for you Army!!
Cut my state or Country down now that gets me fired up!!

Somebody on Bo’s show said the worst thing that happened to Arkansas was Scotty hitting that shot to win the NC.

I say the worst thing that happened to us was us NOT beating UCLA to win Back to Back NC games!! A lot more talk would be stated TODAY about our Razorback BB ! IMO

I haven’t listened to a tv broadcast in years. I use the Arkansas Gameday app when watching the hogs and listen to Chuck call every televised game. Sure the radio is about 4-5 seconds fast, but you can pause the radio play-by-play on the app to let the tv catch up to get it all in synq. WPS!!!

[quote=“Razorback339”]

A poster board should be made of this in our dressing room.

THEN when we win this game every, coach, player, staff member should sign it and ship it to big mouth FIRST Class.

Take pictures to prove the authenticity. Maybe send it to his boss and the TV network.

Somebody needs to send out a memo about our 2 playes total body of work.

Yes I’m fired up. YOU don’t cut my State down.
[/quote]Or we could have a little class about ourselves, focus on Seton Hall and if we win then focus on UNC. What Dick Vitale says or believes has zero influence on whether Moses plays good defense and keeps Delgado off the glass or if Macon/Hannahs/Barford are hitting beyond the arc. I hope that our coaches and players have already forgotten about Sunday’s events and are focused on Friday.