FYI Zhaire Smith didn't commit to Texas

Now its on to Texas Tech then Fayetteville.

[youtube]J3qUFZe7fhA[/youtube]

That’s good news. Has he set a firm time frame to make a decision?

Late or Regular signing period begins April 12th.
He’s most likely to have made a decision by then especially if his last official visit is to Arkansas.

Man if we can add him to this class, Razorback Basketball is about to get nasty! Adrio and Zhaire with crazy ups will be fun for years to come!
Our performance in Tourney should definitely help us. He should know they could really be a threat especially adding him. WOO PIG!!

I talked to him this weekend.

Has plans to take his other two visits and then decide.

I like the fact that he didn’t commit on his visit to Texas.

May be a two-horse race with Arkansas and Texas Tech

He’ll be a Hog. A damn good one at that

How good is he on the defensive side of the game, one of the areas we need help. Seems like all the videos anymore just show the prospect dunking the ball. No doubt he has ability and agility, I’m not asking if he can play D just asking if he will. If he can play D half as good as he can dunk the sign him up because we will have a place for him. WPS

That’s awesome news!

BTW, did he kinda hint he didn’t enjoy the Texas visit or something like that, to make you think they are not in the running?

Texas already signed or has a hard commit from four 4 star player all in the top 100 and offers to more than a dozen other 4 star players. So maybe Zhaire Smith is not high on their list.

I just hope we get to see him in a Razorback uniform next year!

There are a few clips of him locking down on the perimeter and many showing him being a terror in the passing lanes. His high school pressed a lot so he’s used to that type of system. He also has quick leaping ability which allow him to recover well and contest/block the shot when beat off the dribble. He has better chasedown ability than Barford. I think he will be a special player

Our conversations

He prides himself on being a two-way player

Thanks Pinto, that’s great news! WPS