Fun to be excited again

Morris was my second choice but I will admit after all the reading, watching and listening I am excited this guy is our coach. All these young guys, some are just 2 years away from being a grad assistant, do have some infectious energy. I hope it’s not the case of they don’t know what they don’t know, but they should relate to today’s kids. This is going to take a bit of time but I like offensive philosophy he brings. But it’s all really about recruiting. What did Nolan say, coaching is 85% talent. One last thing is coach b certainly left the program better than what it was when he got here. Build us a program coach Morris. This fan base needs it.

I want to be excited

In the recent past I simply took the bait and tried to be a posit Ce fan only to be disappointed

This should be a frat hire

I was against the Coach Bret hire - I thought we needed a Coach with the attitude of a pirate - an aggressive swach buckling creative unconventional afatious raider

Well we got the anti pirate - I got on board and followed as positive as I could only to watch failure

Now I’m happy to see the hiring of s pirate

Now let’s see if it will work

I’m hopeful but afraid to be excited yet

Let’s s see but I’m hopeful

It is great to be excited again. I am glad that someone is here that will recruit Texas. I personally can’t stand the spread HUNH offense, but I am going to learn to like it for my school.

Excited? No. We haven’t played an SEC game yet, we’re implementing radically different philosophies and our talent was being built for the last guy…who failed miserably.

Do I like the change? Yes, but I sense that 2018 will be on par with 2017 or 2013.

I’m hopeful next year will be better than that provided a juco or grad transfer QB can be procured. I think this team quit at the first sign of adversity because they did not believe in the plan or their leader…won’t be the case with this bunch. Also, Bielema got outcoached every week. The days of almost never winning close games are over.

I’m ashamed for wanting Kiffin, I just knew that GM was not for us. I think we got ourselves a Coach boys!! BTW, apologies for any cross words related to the coaching search.

I’m going to be excited when we win that first game next year with 50+ points on the board. Right now, though, the word that comes to mind is HOPE. It’s nice to have hope again. This coach is bringing hope to a program and fanbase that had just about lost it – and that’s a good thing.

To borrow a quote from Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Redemption: “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”

I fully agree that Saint Gus is not for us. What I also realized is that Joey Freshwater is even worse, and the fact that nobody in the P5 grabbed him this go-round suggests I’m not the only one who thinks so. I like this hire. Better CM than Norvell for sure.

just curious but why for sure on Morris over Norvell? have you looked at the scores of the two games they played? I’m happy with Morris, don’t get me wrong, but i don’t get your assumption unless its to take a dig. what is your reasoning. Were you part of the vetting process? Know something we don’t know, please inform.

[quote=“Razorwill”]
just curious but why for sure on Morris over Norvell? have you looked at the scores of the two games they played? I’m happy with Morris, don’t get me wrong, but i don’t get your assumption unless its to take a dig. what is your reasoning. Were you part of the vetting process? Know something we don’t know, please inform.
[/quote]Nothing at all against Norvell - who I liked and still do. But you need only take an objective look at the respective situations those two stepped into a couple of years back to have the answer to your question. They did not start at the same point - one inherited a program that was having great success, the other a 1-11 cesspool. The former did a very good job of maintaining the momentum, while the latter reversed the trend and left the program in much better shape than when he came in, with it’s arrow pointed up.

[quote=“SwineFusion”]
I fully agree that Saint Gus is not for us. What I also realized is that Joey Freshwater is even worse, and the fact that nobody in the P5 grabbed him this go-round suggests I’m not the only one who thinks so. I like this hire. Better CM than Norvell for sure.
[/quote]You weren’t the lone ranger, Swine. In absolute terms, I don’t post as many times a day as you do (normally), but I made several here denouncing Kiffin in the strongest possible terms.

Let him be someone else’s mistake. He could be a good coach if he could get the douchery out of his system. At his age, however, I’m wondering if he ever will.

Morris was the one I wanted. But, I thought for sure the Aggies would take him. I understand the fascination with Jimbo. But I think A&M made a mistake. I just think Jimbo is not a fit there. The Aggies will chew him up and spit him out (in about 5 years). By then, Arkansas will have passed him and it will be too late to pitch Chad Morris. He’ll be Arkansas through and through.

Clay, do you think Conor Noland has a realistic chance to be the starting QB next year and why/why not?

Interesting take on Jimbo.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
Morris was the one I wanted. But, I thought for sure the Aggies would take him. I understand the fascination with Jimbo. But I think A&M made a mistake. I just think Jimbo is not a fit there. The Aggies will chew him up and spit him out (in about 5 years). By then, Arkansas will have passed him and it will be too late to pitch Chad Morris. He’ll be Arkansas through and through.
[/quote]Yes; Moby Dick is to Captain Ahab as Gus was to Arkansas, and Jimbo to A&M. We successfully avoided the White whale, while A&M “captured” theirs. Soon enough, they’ll be back at the bottom of the ocean along with the good Captain.

I still do worry about A&M coming and getting Morris - if we move forward as I expect over the next 3-4 years while CJF sustains the “almost but not quite” pattern of Sumlin. I suspect we’ll have to sweeten the pot and build in some more substantial penalties for CCM’s departure than are in this current contract if we want to really tie him down. But getting a new agreement shouldn’t be an issue if he takes us where I believe we’re headed.

hope you are right clay. it all depends on talent and right now a and m has more than we do. yet we still play them close, you could argue we should have won 3 or 4 of the last 5 with them. i have no doubt morris will improve the offense. it just comes back to defense. jimmy’s and joe’s i think you call it, and you are exactly right. i hope he is very successful here, becomes a razorback through and through. its about time we had a coach whose aspirations were to build a championship program. i love his attitude. one day jimbo will explode on some a and m fan or someone who is critical of him. and to think of all that money they spend. crazy…

I don’t like the idea of any true freshman playing QB in the SEC, but if you system is similar then it would be of help.

All that being said, if Gerry Bohanon ends up here instead of Baylor (or North Carolina), he would be here in Jan. and have a head start on Connor Noland.

“this”

I’m hoping we see the Aggies being Aggies again - that means Ark beats TAMU 3of4 Times

Well I’m misinformed, I thought CN was going to enroll in January. Yeah, that makes a big difference. I would think CN is as familiar with the CM scheme as any other QB on the roster.

I think you nailed it, Dave. This leopard’s got the spots and nothing’s going to change them.
FAU wanted someone to draw attention to a program that wasn’t getting any, and if he won a few games, that was a bonus. Mission accomplished. But the attention is for his douchery, as you put it, not for what they’re doing on the field.

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

I took a look at CM’s offer letter but the way it was put on the site made it really difficult to read, at least on the device I was using at the time. Did it include a non-compete clause?