From the stands at O'Brate

10 Likes

That is too cool I would love to know how far that ball went I would say at least 450

2 Likes

I loved the call: “Battles! Deep into the night! That’s left the stadium entirely!”

2 Likes

yeah I didn’t care for that guys play by play but I will say this for him he got really excited on the home runs I’ll give him that

4 Likes

Another view

4 Likes

Yeah that was Awesome…"Deep into the night"that will probably be remembered in Hog History

3 Likes

That ball was crushed! About like the one at La Tech

2 Likes

Notice the exodus of orange when he hit it.

6 Likes

Yeah I thought about that shot at La Tech last night. I think last night was longer though.

1 Like

Oh yeah I totally agree that ball last night was absolutely crushed I never could see where it came down but like the guy said it went “into the night”

2 Likes

This thing is going to hit the apartment complex… goodbye! Deep into the ruston night

2 Likes

I noticed that. Loved it

3 Likes

I absolutely loved the unbridled excitement of his first two words of that call … “Oh No!”

Kind of an odd thing to say, but funny as h.e.l.l. in the moment. :joy:

2 Likes

I spoke to a friend in Kansas. He heard it land outside his house early this morning. :joy:

5 Likes

You might be right. O’Brate is too new to show up on Google Earth, but the OSU track is beyond the right field wall. From that I deduced that Battles hit it pretty much straight north.

2 Likes

Early in the game I noticed the shadow coming from the 3rd baseline stands onto the field. Knew left field was north of home.

I heard Elon Musk lost contact with one of his Starlink satellites about the same time.:grinning:

2 Likes

Okie Lite has done some weird things with their stadium alignments. Most football stadiums, like RRS, are laid out north-south to prevent the sun getting in people’s eyes. But Boone Pickens Stadium a couple of blocks away is laid out east-west because that’s the prevailing wind in Stillpatch. Friday that east wind was blowing in from right field and there were still a couple of homers hit out to right field. I don’t remember noticing the wind last night and it didn’t seem to matter.

Elon Musk lost contact with reality a long time ago…

1 Like

I am the most direction challenged person on Earth, no way I could have recognized that, but I’m also not the sharpest pencil in the box :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes