From the I would've never believed it department

Alabama OT Matt Womack attended Arkansas’ camp in 2013 when he was a sophomore. He had great size then at about 6-6, 320-330, but he had extremely slow feet. I remember him running the 40 and stumbling and almost falling around 30 yards because his legs were giving out.

He and his dad really liked Arkansas, but he started to develop his junior and senior years and committed to LSU before flipping to Bama.

If you would’ve told me in 2013 he would end up in the SEC I would’ve called you crazy. He’s definitely the biggest surprise since I’ve been covering recruiting.

That’s why the followup is important to check on development of these young me as they grow and improve.

6.1 forty call me shocked.

Call me shocked again. To still see him playing in a semi-final game at tackle is still amazing. It’s a credit to the kid.

[quote=“RichardDavenport”]

Call me shocked again. To still see him playing in a semi-final game at tackle is still amazing. It’s a credit to the kid.

[/quote]Sometimes coaching helps.

[quote=“daBoar”]

True but his feet and quickness was really bad. It took more physical development more than anything.