From Clay: Oddsmaker doesn't like Arkansas at Auburn

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016 … h-spot-au/

Danny was great fun to listen to both at dinner, at lunch (we sat together) and again when he spoke. He’s a treat. He lives in a different world than I do. I will be honest and tell you I don’t understand betting. I’ve never tried to understand it.

He had a lot of stories, some of which cannot be written. I will say that he was pretty clear that Cam Newton was paid to go to Auburn – or his father was paid. Of course, that’s the loophole that Auburn used, that a parent shopping a child is not a violation. That loophole has since been closed. He did ask the crowd today if there was anyone there who believed that Cam was NOT paid. Not one hand went up.

Danny is a big fan of Arkansas alum Jimmy Johnson. Danny, as do I, thinks Jimmy has a brilliant mind. He said he’s always enjoyed visits with Jimmy and has been around him in many settings, including at the Super Bowl. Danny said when Jimmy was at Miami that he was one of those few favorites that routinely covered. He said Jimmy’s teams were generally the favorite, but he could count on them in big games.

“Jimmy might not cover in some games against the lower level teams, but it was because he didn’t put any energy into those games,” he said. “He was brilliant. They might be working on the next game, a big game. They were going to punish the good teams. And, you could pick them to cover as favorites. I don’t like to pick favorites, but you could pick Jimmy’s teams in big games. They covered.”

[quote=“MattJones”]
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016 … h-spot-au/
[/quote]Wonder who he had last week ? and I know he picked LSU to win the West pre-season. You can’t question his reputation, but everybody can be wrong and Las Vegas missed it by what 10 1/2 last week, if you had Ole Miss -7. I think that was the line.

I don’t think he picked the Arkansas game last week. He only picks a very small amount of games each week. Most he stays away from and doesn’t pick.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
I don’t think he picked the Arkansas game last week. He only picks a very small amount of games each week. Most he stays away from and doesn’t pick.
[/quote]Man, that dude has got a good job.

Lot of pressure. He is measured on wins and losses each week. Not many in the media have that pressure. If he was bad at it, he would have been done a long time ago.

Clay, when did he lose the mustache? He looked much better with it…like a hit man. It just went with his persona. He is such a character, very entertaining. I just wish I knew the days Bo would have him on so I could listen to him. How old is he?

What does he think about the Ole Miss NCAA mess? He would know.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]
Lot of pressure. He is measured on wins and losses each week. Not many in the media have that pressure. If he was bad at it, he would have been done a long time ago.
[/quote]Like I said before, you can’t question his rep — which worries me as to what I believe I see ---- which is Arkansas is the better more proven team with a better coaching staff. I kind of deal with that kind of pressure to produce in my business too, so I can relate to that — but not publicly. That is a different animal. But I think we agree on the game — from listening to you on Bo’s show. We had a couple games that skewed the numbers — so if you run only those numbers, we lose. Also if you run only those numbers from our game against common opponents — A&M beats Bama. Who believes that’s going to happen ?