Friday weather

There is a 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday night in Fayetteville. The National Weather Service’s latest forecast says the chance of storms is between 7 p.m. and 1 a.m.

Refresh my memory here Matt In case of bad weather do they have to complete 5 innings before legit?

If a game gets delayed and cannot be restarted, it is resumed and played through the ninth inning the following day.

The only time I think the five-inning rule comes into play is in the final game of a series.

That’s not good… Couldn’t be worse timing for a potential chance of rain

The hogs don’t need to deal with starting and stopping a game to finish on Saturday! That would potentially mess up the bullpen.

Any chance to start the game a couple hrs earlier. Depending on when Vandy arrives probably to late to adjust game time. Network adjustments as well.

Ain’t none of these games on TV

1 Like

Earlier in the week, it looked much worse (I checked a couple of days ago), but now the prospects are looking better. According to this forecast, about a 10% chance of rain Friday evening during game time, although if the game goes way long or into extras, it gets a bit dicey.

Saturday looks good all day, but Sunday looks like 40-50% chance of rain much of the day. Wonder if we might consider a double dipper on Saturday IF the forecast for Sunday remains soggy.

I believe the conference rules only allow moving a scheduled Sunday game to Saturday is if the National Weather Service gives a 70% chance of rain on Sunday

Current weather delay at softball tournament. Missouri leads 2-0 after 4 innings.