Friday night BB stats

Arkansas signee and Little Rock Parkview guard Khalil Garland had 8 points and 2 rebounds for the Patriots’ 57-55 win over Mills in the 5A Central District Championship game.

Parkview junior guard C.J. White had 8 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists and freshman guard Moses Moody had 10 points and 2 rebounds.

Signee Darious Hall had 18 points, 13 rebounds and 4 assists for Mills.

2018 Arkansas football target Gerry Bohanon of Earle had 28 points, 5 rebounds and 2 assists in a 67-53 win over East Pointsett County.

2018 guard commit Isaiah Joe scored 19 points in Fort Smith Northside’s 93-64 win over Southside. He was 3 of 3 shooting from two, 4 of 9 from three. He was 1 of 1 from the free throw line. He also had 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 assists and a block shot.

Richard and Dudley,

I just don’t hear much about Henderson this year. When I look at the Parkview box scores he seems to have 8 or 10 pts most of the time. Given his size, surprised he doesn’t score more. I do know they have a lot of options.

In a related point, they play a lot of close games given the talent they have. Not only our two guys but we know Franklin is going to juco and one of the top players in the state. As a team they don’t seem as good as the roster they have. Curious from people who have watched several of their games.

Basically, no shot clock. It shortens the game, and makes ever possession more valuable. It’s a lot like when Jonesboro plays, if teams want to get out and run, they’ll score in the 70’s-80’s, but lots of teams will be satisfied once they beat the 3/4 press to pull it out and pass 7-10 before attempting a shot.

Richard I think the stats you quoted for Hall were from the Thursday night game. If I’m not mistaken, he only scored 12 last night but did have one thunderous, bring the house down dunk. As for Henderson, he got in early foul trouble and was never a factor. I came away more impressed with wide body sophomore Caleb Stokes than I was with Henderson. Where is EH projected to play in college? He is barely 6’7, if that, and doesn’t appear to be all that strong or rugged. Does he have wing skills that he doesn’t get to show in high school?

It seems to me that Ethan plays better in AAU action than he does in high school basketball.

Maybe it is because he defers to his older Parkview teammates, but feels an equal on the Arkansas Hawks squad.

His worth right now is more on his potential than it is the finished product.

He will be a PF.

I have seen him stand next to Moses Kingsley at Bud Walton Arena. They were the same height.

[quote=“DudleyDawson”]
It seems to me that Ethan plays better in AAU action than he does in high school basketball.

Maybe it is because he defers to his older Parkview teammates, but feels an equal on the Arkansas Hawks squad.

His worth right now is more on his potential than it is the finished product.

He will be a PF.

I have seen him stand next to Moses Kingsley at Bud Walton Arena. They were the same height.
[/quote]

I’ve seen Moses stand next to guys listed at 6’9/6’10 on other teams and he was noticeably shorter. So, is Moses (like Bobby 6’8 at combine) listed taller than he is?

[quote=“bakedhog19741”]

Bobby was 6’9.5 w/o shoes at the NBA draft combine.

Moses was 6’9 with shoes at the Nike Skills Academy last summer.

Last Spring, I was underwhelmed with Ethan’s development. He has Derek Hood potential. Hope to see major improvement next month at Real Deal.

I was going by what his coach sent. I see Jeremy Muck had him down for 12.

See Ethan as a three. Parkview is so deep you’re not going to see too many guys get into the 20’s.

FWIW, Stokes is a junior. He’s talented but right now I would say he’s a mid-major to low major guy.

[quote=“RazorAg”]

Bobby Portis was listed at 6’11 at Arkansas and measuread at 6’9.5 at the combine, so question still remains is Moses listed taller than he was like Bobby Portis?

Since you said 6’9 with shoes, I guess that means he is around 6’7.5 without shoes and would go with Ethan being closer to 6’7 than 6’10.

Portis was listed correctly at 6’11. If he’s 6’9.5 without shoes that means your going to add 1- 1 1/2 inches with his shoes on, and the official heights that’s listed on players profiles is their height with shoes on. I’m not even really sure why they do a measurement without shoes, considering the players play in shoes.

As far as Kingsley, if he measured at the Nike Camp this summer as 6’9 with shoes on, then that’s what he is. If Dudley is saying Henderson is the same height as Kingsley, that means Henderson is 6’9 as well.

The reason they measure w/o shoes is because shoes differ in how much sole they have. I’ve followed height measurements of BBall players closely for years and height measurements with shoes vary from three-fourths of an inch to an inch and a half more than the bare foot measurement.

If Ethan is the same height as Mo, that’s a great development. When I saw Ethan, he looked 6’7-ish to me (in shoes of course).

OK Razor, Dudley, RD, follow up. There is a pic of Gafford and Garrison Brooks receiving awards from some tournament they played in. Brooks is supposedly 6’8. In the pic, Gafford is noticeably taller (looks a legitimate 6’11). Have any of you seen him next to Moses. If so, is he the same heigh? I also know Perry was just measured at the DR at 6’10. How does he compare to Moses and Henderson? Also, is he same size as Gafford?

Gotcha, makes sense.

I’ve not seen Gafford next to Mo in a long time. He measured 6’9.5 last summer at the Nike Skills Academy, though.

I’ve not seen a recent official measurement on Perry. Last spring, he was an inch or two taller than Henderson. I’ll see him in a month.