Franklin Preseason All-American

Christian Franklin is a first-team preseason All-American by Perfect Game.

No sign of Opitz or Moore or anyone else.

He has really improved. Hope he has a AA type season

That Opitz is not on any of the three teams means that it was based solely on hitting. I cannot believe that there are three better defensive catchers in college ball.

The three catchers — Del Castillo, Davis and Goodman — are projected first-round draft picks this year. Del Castillo might be the second pick in the draft behind Kumar Rocker.

I’d question the three picks at second base over Robert Moore more than I would the three catchers over Casey Opitz.

1 Like

Would agree with you completely with regard to the 2nd team 2b selection. Wow.

Here’s an interesting take on Franklin:

I didn’t pay enough attention to fall ball to know if DVH might be trying Moore at shortstop, maybe position change could explain his omission.

Moore was looked at as a shortstop in the fall, but I think he’ll be the second baseman this year and Jalen Battles will be the shortstop.

I found a 2021 MLB mock draft that has Franklin at #46. Del Castillo is #4 behind Rocker and a couple of shortstops (one high school, one the UCLA kid). Jaden Hill, the Ashdown kid now at LSU, is #5. Davis is #26, Goodman is #61. Hog commit Braylon Bishop (OF from Texarkana) is #74.

Interesting side note: Braylon Bishop and Jaden Hill are cousins. It could be a big draft for that family.

Are they also cousins to Brown and Bishop on the football team? The high school tight end from Ashdown?

I’ve written before that Braylon and LaDarrius Bishop are related, and LaDarrius and Montaric Brown are related. I’m not sure if there is a relation between Braylon and Montaric.

Christian Franklin (first team) and Robert Moore (third team) are on the D1Baseball.com preseason All-America teams.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.