Former Red Wolves DT reports Arkansas offer

Looking back at some of past DMs with Terry on Twitter, he shared with me his combine numbers in the spring of 2017 which would be his junior year at El Dorado.

He was measured at 6-0, and weighed 263 at the time, He recorded a 5.14 laser in the 40, a 29.8 vertical , a 4.34 shuttle and had a power ball throw of 41 feet. Pretty good numbers for a good size kid wrapping up his junior year.

1 Like

Did we offer him out of HS? Did he have any P5 offers out of HS? Is this a situation where he’s improved a lot or just a situation where our needs have changed. (I know it could be a combination of many things.). Anywhere, curious to hear the story.

Do you know if he leans our direction?

Off hand I would think Arkansas or Houston.

Houston because Brian Early recruited him to ASU.

2 Likes

What is his size now and would he be viewed as a great or good addition? If you think you can venture your view.

In the story. Listed at 6-0, 293.

Thanks, I guess it depends on strength, explosiveness, durability and drive. We certainly need some additional depth in the middle.

1 Like

I asked Terry Hampton about an official visit to Arkansas;

“I’m working something out right now but nothing official at the moment.”

1 Like

My nephew,my late sister’s grandson.He visited UA out of high school I believe ASU was his only offer.

2 Likes

It was the last time I talked to him in HS but things might of changed after our talk.

Thank you for the information sir.

Could be surprised but I think it’s Arkansas or Houston. Might give the Cougars the edge because of his relationship with DL coach Brian Early like noted above. He recruited Hampton to ASU.

Talked to Cabot coach Scott Reed, who coached Hampton at El Dorado.

He said Hampton had an appendectomy after his first game of his junior season and was only able to come back for a game or two near te end of the season. Scott said he was a monster in the first game.

He also missed his senior year because of a knee injury that happened right before the season.

Because of the injuries only ASU offered.

Scott LOVES Terry as a young man. He said he’s the type you root for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.