Former players

Bama uses former players in practice to mimic the players they will face on Saturday. Trent Richardson was Fournette. He has used John Parker Wilson at quarterback. So if we were to try the same thing other than Matt Jones what other running qb could we use? Who could be hurts, Fitzgerald from miss state? Would you use Felix Jones or Peyton Hillis for guice from lsu, and Scarborough from bama? Would Bielema do this?

////

A former student at the certifying institution (e.g., former student-athlete) may participate in an organized practice session on an occasional basis, provided the institution does not publicize the participation of the former student at any time before the practice session.

Interesting question. Would it be tough to talk someone into risking injury to do this? I think it would. I suspect they are not tackling them, though. Still, it’s a risky situation. How many former players still have their knees intact? Maybe some.

If they ever face a 5-10, 260-pound fullback, Dudley could simulate. (Actually, I don’t know Dudley’s weight, but he’s got a low center of gravity now.)

a lot of starters, both offense and defense, on special teams. The blocked punt in the FL game (SECCG) was returned for a TD by Jacobs one of their 3 RB rotation…would we use Raleigh Williams or Devwah on punt team?