Former Jacksonville hoops star Tyree Appleby to officially visit Arkansas on...

Tuesday.

Appleby, a 6-1 point guard, entered the transfer portal on Monday.

He just finished up his second season at Cleveland State, where he averaged 17.2 points, 5.6 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.4 steals while starting all 29 of his team’s games.

Appleby shot 78 percent from the free throw line, 38.9 percent on 3s and 44.2 percent overall.

He would have two years to play two after sitting out next season.

DD I’m sure it’s fluid but anyway they take both or first come first serve?

Having been out of the loop while on vacation at at the Elite 11, I am not sure.

But I do plan to inquire about that today.

Sounds good. Was your vacation lit?

It was great.

We drove over 4,000 miles to see her “new” family and they were all great and very welcoming.

We also stopped at Cadillac Ranch, Roswell and The Alamo, spent time in Amarillo, Santa Fe, Houston, San Antonio, Austin and Frisco.

Appleby is more of a true PG, both are very good with the dribble with good outside shots. Got to figure that Appleby is a Hog if we offer (no other visits scheduled, admitted he was a Hog fan growing up).

Thats awesome. Good to hear DD.

Welcome back DD and glad to hear your trip went so well!

Dudley, Good to hear your vacation went well. That’s a lot of miles traveled, I assume you’re allowing for some rest before jumping back into the grind.

Apparently, Appleby’s visit has been cancelled.

Don’t know if that means they are moving on Horton instead??

Appleby was scheduled to visit Florida after Arkansas. Not sure what the plans are now after Arkansas was cancelled. Being a native Arkansan, I would think we have a great shot.

PJ sounds like we were the ones that cancelled the visit. Taking the safe route of likely landing Horton than wait it out and lose them both. Apparently White at Florida has a big connection since he coached his brother at La. Tech.

Makes sense if that is what happened

Yes, Tyree is not visiting now.

Should be clear soon.

This is a little disappointing. I was riding high on the Appleby bandwagon. Here is some sad Titanic music.

Insert Sad Titanic music here

I got ahold of him via Twitter.

I told him there was a report that he was not visiting Arkansas.

His answered “Yeah, not today.”

I followed question on why and he said “Yes, I am taking other visits.”

That’s all I have so far.

We gonna hear good news for the Hogs concerning Horton tonight? Have you watched his highlights? I am very impressed.

Did Appleby know Horton was visiting?

yes