Former Creighton outfielder will transfer to Arkansas

1 Like

Jared Wegner • D1Baseball

49 games in 22 .343 11 HR 53 RBI…sounds good.

Creighton is not a bad baseball school either.

No not at all Creighton is a very good baseball program
31- 18 this year 15 -5 in the Big East

He played even better in conference. .363 BA, 5 HRs, 29 RBIs. Couldn’t tell if played RF, C, or LF. In one picture, he was standing in front of their bullpen, so probably LF,

Looks like a great pick up.

1 Like

He started mostly in left field. He is a middle-of-the-order hitter from the right side. We’ll see how he looks in the fall, but on paper this looks like a Chris Lanzilli replacement, at least from a hitting perspective.

A left-handed pitcher out of San Jacinto JC has committed to the Hogs this evening as well. I saw elsewhere he had been committed to TCU but don’t know much about him.

Here’s an interview with pitcher Hunter Hollan. He threw a perfect game in juco this year.

6 of his 11 HR were at home and they play in a Minor league park so you know its a big park.

Creighton doesn’t play at a minor-league park. It plays at what is now Charles Schwab Field, the College World Series stadium. It is downtown, just down the street from Creighton’s campus.

Werner Park is on the outskirts of Omaha. I think the Triple-A team is the only team that plays there.

1 Like

Ok I had read where that was a Minor league Park. CWS is not a hitters park for sure so 6 out of there is good.

CWS park is bigger than the minor league park. The MiLB park is 310 and 315 down the lines and 402 to center. Schwab Field is 335 down the lines and 408 to center.

Yeah you don’t hit any cheapies out of there,you going to have to step on it.

1st Team All Big East. I think we picked us up a good one guys.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.