Former and current SEC champs beat Usain Bolt

Two ex-Tennessee volunteers Justin Gatlin and Christian Coleman finished 1-2 in the 100M final at the World Championship. Gatlin is the ex-SEC and NCAA champion and Coleman is the current SEC and NCAA champion. Great day for SEC with Lawson picking up the Long Jump silver.

Usain is 30 now. Still formidable, but a little past his prime. Time for the young bolts to leave him behind.

Yes, Usain’s legacy is set. But for the record Gatlin is older than Usain. I am just glad to see Jamaican domination to end and the 100M title cones back to USA.

Gatlin is 35 and missed 4 years of competition from a drug suspension.

Wow! I don’t know what he was taking, but it must have been good.

Gatlin will have to give the win up after he gets popped again for using.

That was 8 years ago. He has been tested regularly for the last 8 years. He wasn’t taking drugs to improve performance. It was to recover faster from injuries.

Bolt’s improvement from 2007 to 2008 strains belief, and Jamaica is not exactly known for being clean in track and field either. In sports these days dominance pretty much comes with a reflexive raised eyebrow.

Kinda splitting hairs, no? How do you differentiate the two?

Here’s a pretty good read on Bolt’s trajectory.

https://medium.com/@tomnew/usain-bolt-l … 3b7b891e7e

Let’s just say that I’m skeptical that any human is that much better than other doped athletes without some help, especially when you look at the doping and testing history in Jamaica and his unheard of improvement in one year.

Here’s a pretty good read on Bolt’s trajectory.

https://medium.com/@tomnew/usain-bolt-l … 3b7b891e7e

Let’s just say that I’m skeptical that any human is that much better than other doped athletes without some help, especially when you look at the doping and testing history in Jamaica and his unheard of improvement in one year.

Pretty simple, really. As a not-very-fast competitive runner, it would have been silly for me to take something to try to get a lot faster; it wasn’t going to happen. But if I had an injury that was limiting my training, it could have been useful to get the injury taken care of so that I could go back to training. If I was going to become more competitive, it was going to happen through training that couldn’t happen when I was hurt.

Sure. But you aren’t running for gold medals (that I am aware of).

Am I to believe that recovering quicker from injury doesn’t improve performance?

By the way, I think it all should be legal

I have read that article before. There has been a lot of talk in the world of Athletics as the sport is called internationally about Bolt. In fact it has been speculated that Tyson Gay suspected Bolt was doping and that is how he lost the world record to Bolt. And he himself resorted to the same to keep up with Bolt and unfortunately got caught. Of course Gay is not going to publically acknowledge that because that will mean he is admitting to intentionally doping. Kind of like what we saw in baseball.