Forecast keeps getting worse

70% chance of rain and thunder Thursday night according to NWS, and may get rather windy as well. Total rainfall for LR may be 5 inches or so. Parts of southeast Arkansas might get 8 inches.

This is taken directly from the NWS Little Rock site just now, for my zip code in North Little Rock:

Thursday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, with a low around 69. East northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

They do an hour by hour chart as well, and the chart shows the rain chances go down from about 70% at 6 p.m to about 55% for the rest of the game. The thunderstorm chance goes down to between 30-50% at 6 as well, though it looks like there could still be some heavy showers a time or two.

The latest spaghetti model charts, which you can look at places like Foxnews hurricane site, have all the models pushing the storm’s track east of Little Rock, which should also help.

So while it might rain some, it’s looking more hopeful that this is not going to be an all-nighter.

LOL!! I won’t melt!!! I’ll be ready. Go Hogs!!!
I’ll be surprised if it rains a whole lot, but I shall see. Go Hogs!!!

Forecast now calls for chicken dancing!

I am taking my rain jacket. I figure we may have to close the windows in the press box.

I guess because if tv considerations , game can’t be moved to Saturday?

Well, I just can’t get away from Chicken Dancing!!!
Go Hogs!!!

Stadium is booked Saturday. Benton and Bryant high schools are playing the Salt Bowl

Razorback poncho’s purchased. Me and the wife have been wet before. Just hold off the thunderstorms. Please…

I have rain gear, no worries.

Go Hogs!

I once had someone associated with the UA program tell me flat out that if there was a conflict between a rescheduled Razorback game at WMS and a high school game that had been booked for months, the high school game would get the boot. Which may even be true or have been true at one time, but that’s an awfully arrogant attitude.

The only way it could be rescheduled is if both teams agree and we foot the cost of FAMU hanging around for 3 extra days. They are busing in from Florida so they sure don’t have the money to pay those kind of extra costs.

The projections are actually getting better. This thing might move to the east. Hope so.

For what it’s worth: I spoke to the weather service yesterday and was told to not put any stock into the forecast until they see the models Wednesday morning. There is too much uncertainty about the path the system is going to take until tomorrow.

Nor should you!!