Ford named Gatorade POY

2 Likes

I can tell by looking at the videos this kid is a baller! I think he has a chance to help us a lot, his physicality will blend in very well with the way we like to play.

1 Like

I hadn’t heard about his academic prowess. A 4.0 GPA is another big WOW for Derrian.

Congrats Derrian. I’m really looking forward to seeing you on the court in a Razorback uniform.

3 Likes

So glad Derrian Ford is a Razorback. Great intangibles to compliment his great tangibles. So glad. He leads by example.

Is there a link with a current year announcement?

Above

uhhhh Richard. This is last years press release.

CHICAGO (June 4, 2021) — In its 36th year of honoring the nation’s best high school athletes, Gatorade today announced Derrian Ford of Magnolia High School as its 2020-21 Gatorade Arkansas Boys Basketball Player of the
Year. F

Got them mixed up. Story posted.

FYI, in the state finals this last weekend I saw Derrian do something I have never seen a player do. A ref called a foul on him and the crowd booed. Derrian gave the ref a thumbs up. His coach said it right he is one amazing young man!

2 Likes

Somebody put out a graphic with two shots of Ford, one taken last year, one this year, for his back-to-back. It was stunning how much more muscular he was in the 2022 shot. Dude is RIPPED.

2 Likes

yeah and why he is so good at finishing inside,he is a warrior!

1 Like

Definately looks like he has put the work in.

1 Like

Thanks for becoming a Razorback and wish you the best and may the experience of college basketball be all you can hope and dream. WPS

1 Like

What was his 3-pt shooting % this season? Anyone know?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.