? For Matt!

Just for fun put a starting lineup together that includes a batting order for game 1?

I’ll jump in there. Here’s my order:

Eric Cole rf
Casey Martin 3b
Heston Kjerstad lf
Luke Bonfield dh
Carson Shaddy 2b
Dominic Fletcher cf
Grant Koch c
Jared Gates 1b
Jax Biggers ss

I could slide Biggers into the second spot and move everyone down a spot. That would break up Gates and Biggers as back-to-back lefties. And, I thought about moving Fletcher up a spot.

When Arkansas has faced left-handers in the past, Van Horn has tried to stagger the lefties and righties in the order a bit. I also think you might see Casey Martin move back up in the order some after batting sixth in Hoover. Here’s a guess:

Cole
Martin
Kjerstad
Bonfield
Fletcher
Shaddy
Gates
Koch
Biggers

I’m pretty sure DVH said he planned to leave Shaddy in the 2 hole. Of course, he may have changed his mind 24 hours later.

DVH did make that statement but I wouldn’t think he’s beyond moving things around like Clay pointed he against lefties he is prone to alternate lefty righty in the batting order.

One of the great things about our lineup is that there are just no glaring weak spots. I know Gates has been a bit less productive (as has McFarland), but even he hit that Zinger against that corndog/hotdog pitcher Saturday.

You bet he did. This years hogs are the best overall team for power I can remember on the hill! When Kenley was in the lineup he didn’t show home run power but he did a good job getting on base with a good eye at the plate and also had a few hits. Gate’s showed with the 2 out RBI hit with 2 outs he was able and willing to go to the opposite field for a hit. His homer against LSU was simply crushed. If Gates would have been healthy all year we potentially could have had another 10 homers as a team. I trust Gates at the plate in postseason.
There will be no excuses for the hogs they need to play well when it counts!

This will be the lineup today.

So much for DVH saying Shaddy would stay at second in the order . . . LOL.

Just to be clear - I don’t care. I ONLY care that whatever line-up we use is productive.