For Hogmodo, I say we Lose at Auburn

Why?

Well, they arguably have one of the nation’s best defenses…they held both Clemson and A&M to less than 30 points…while losing at home.

Auburn has the nation’s #12 rushing offense and the Hogs have the nation’s #80 rushing defense…while Aubie has already played Bama and Ole Miss…whoops.

Auburn has the SEC’s passing completion percentage leader at 69.7% to AA’s lowly 63%…while leading the SEC in TDs and ranked 7th nationally; White is a solid #93.

Of course, Auburn is playing at home…and the Hogs have won…er, only 3 of their last 4 road games.

And, I’ll be on the Plains for my annual road game.

WPS Hogmodo.

[quote=“daBoar”]
Why?

Well, they arguably have one of the nation’s best defenses…they held both Clemson and A&M to less than 30 points…while losing at home.

Auburn has the nation’s #12 rushing offense and the Hogs have the nation’s #80 rushing defense…while Aubie has already played Bama and Ole Miss…whoops.

Auburn has the SEC’s passing completion percentage leader at 69.7% to AA’s lowly 63%…while leading the SEC in TDs and ranked 7th nationally; White is a solid #93.

Of course, Auburn is playing at home…and the Hogs have won…er, only 3 of their last 4 road games.

And, I’ll be on the Plains for my annual road game.

WPS Hogmodo.
[/quote]Could not say it better ---- I just do not see Auburn being a great team. The only way you win in the spread is with a running talented QB that can also throw ---- just don’t see it at Auburn and yeah, I am a homer. So, would A&M have won against us without Knight and those runs up the middle ? No. Can White do that ? No. So, a spread offense without a running QB ---- How does that work ? I just don’t see it.

Vegas was wrong on the spread last week too. Ole Miss will beat Auburn when they get the chance. The only thing is playing in Auburn ---- that is difficult.

Since the A&M game was at a neutral site, I think that’s 4 out of 5 if you start with Tennessee. Don’t mean to quibble but, since that loss was at Alabama, and the wins were at Fort Worth, Baton Rouge, Oxford, and Knoxville that is a pretty impressive series of away games. WPS daBoar :smiley:

[quote=“Hogmodo”]

[/quote]Yes, that is much better, I’m still thinking Dallas should be our place.

Nobody is giving us credit for the OLine improvement of the last 2 weeks. AA would be dead if the Oline played Bama like they did against A&M. We are not the same team we were against A&M, and that mostly is because of the Oline improvement. Our defense continues to worry me, but we weren’t too shabby against OM. The problem is that OM has too many losses so the outsiders don’t give us any credit for the win.

Auburn is favored and should be at home. However, this Arkansas team, in recent history, has been very good on the road. It’s hard to believe, but Arkansas won at Tennessee, Ole Miss and LSU last year. Then, they won in a true tough road venue at TCU. I don’t fear playing on the road for this bunch of Razorbacks. They like it.

I think it will be a dogfight. Arkansas has a very good chance of pulling an upset, but that’s what it will be. Auburn is favored and should be. Playing at home with a very good defense is the advantage I see for the Tigers.

I watched the Ole Miss game again last night. Our OL has improved but they still have a ways to go. Wallace is a soon to be stud and will be a foundation for years to come. Skipper is playing very well. Ragnow is playing well but probably not to his standards, understandably. 51 (I can’t spell his name) has improved and will be a good one. But Raulerson is more suited for the Big 12. He was blown up multiple times against Ole Miss. He was saved either by good pocket prescense from AA or a pick up by another player. It is shocking to me that Coach B was caught in a position to have no guards. It’s shocking to me that we don’t have someone better than Raulerson.

I think Raulerson has a pretty bad ankle injury he is playing through. I would assume that has a lot to do with his performance.

Yes I think we lose to Auburn

Ark has to be clearly the better team to beat Auburn

Auburn has fresh legs - been focused on being able to exploit Ark Defense

add Our Razorbacks are at Auburn and the calls will lean their way - there will be no gifts

I see a better Arkansas team than I expected but I’m not convinced our Hogs are as dominating as they need to be to beat a built in SEC home-field advantage

Now the 2x Arkansas wild cards that can lead to victory

1. Ark QB Austin Allen is better than advertised (Watch Auburn seek to hit him on every down possible and the Zebras will do nothing except on the most blatant of hits )

2. Coach Bret Teams get better as the season matures - we now have seen enough to see Coach Bret’s system - while this is a rebuilding year - this game or one soon after this team will hit a stride where it all clicks and in synch they will be better than the individual parts and become a very very dangerous football team

Bama and TAMU is fortunate to play Arkansas early

[quote=“Boarbarian”]
Yes I think we lose to Auburn

Ark has to be clearly the better team to beat Auburn

Auburn has fresh legs - been focused on being able to exploit Ark Defense

add Our Razorbacks are at Auburn and the calls will lean their way - there will be no gifts

I see a better Arkansas team than I expected but I’m not convinced our Hogs are as dominating as they need to be to beat a built in SEC home-field advantage

Now the 2x Arkansas wild cards that can lead to victory

1. Ark QB Austin Allen is better than advertised (Watch Auburn seek to hit him on every down possible and the Zebras will do nothing except on the most blatant of hits )

2. Coach Bret Teams get better as the season matures - we now have seen enough to see Coach Bret’s system - while this is a rebuilding year - this game or one soon after this team will hit a stride where it all clicks and in synch they will be better than the individual parts and become a very very dangerous football team

Bama and TAMU is fortunate to play Arkansas early
[/quote]And you did hit on a big issue. We will need to be able to overcome the bad calls that we all know are coming ---- we might not be that good. I do not think White can beat us because he is not the dynamic runner you need in the spread, as I have said several times on different forums, but now I read on Twitter that they are trying to work Franklin III back in. Now that is worrisome.