Fitz Hill & the LR School District

The school district had a PC today with Fitz, Marcus Elliott, the district AD and the superintendent where they talked about starting 6th grade football again. The district cut 6th grade football from the budget in 2005.

All of money was raised privately and will be going to fund teams at eight middle schools. Say if there’s an average of 50 kids out for each team that’s 400 kids off the street and playing football but most importantly getting some positive male guidance. THe by product of this is the potential to reach more kids and possibly increase the number of DI athletes and kids that sign with Arkansas.

This is the first LR superintendent in a long time that understands the importance of athletics.

It’s a good first step.

Also LR Central is getting new turf and several upgrades are being done to Quigley stadium. Scooter Register said they had 140 kids in grades 9-12 out for football.

This is great news. It is a great first step.

It will be interesting to me to see what kind of a “headwind” they encounter, in this era of all of these CTR reports.

I’m not necessarily predicting a problem. Frankly, I have no idea how or if that will factor in.

Mostly, just curious.

140 kids out for football at Central is impressive. I know Central is one of the bigger schools in the state, but what are they doing differently than the other LR schools?

Can’t say for sure, but I think stability is one. Scooter has been there since 2010. It’s a process.

The new updates on the stadium can’t hurt.

This is wonderful news. As a Central alum, it’s time the Tigers made a comeback.

RD are you going to provide some visibility for this initiative with an article? These guys need support and visibility.

AR football aside, THIS is the biggest reason it is important. LR is experiencing record crime in 2017!!!

I’m taking my last of vacation starting on Saturday. When I start back up I plan to talk to Fitz, the AD and possibly the superintendent for a column.