Fishing guide near Panama City

I’m taking my family to Seacrest Beach in late July. Does anyone know a good fishing guide for my sons? My 14 year old has interest in Baracuda fishing. Thanks.

I can’t recommend any guides, but I have heard good things about 30a Fishing Charters. Because you’re staying in Seacrest it would be much closer to you than Panama City.

Seacrest is probably halfway between Destin and Panama City, so you might check for guides in Destin as well.

Destin has lot’s of guides for all types of fish and fishing parties. I have several I use but if they are booked, I have used this service with good results in the past.

https://fishingbooker.com/destinations/ … wAodjTgMGQ

Depends on what you are looking for and what you want to spend. There are a couple of guides that launch off the beach in Grayton Beach, which I think is cool, but I’ve never used them. These are obviously smaller boats and you don’t go way off shore. Its very convenient and cheaper. Much closer than PCB or Destin.

I usually stay in Seacrest or Rosemary and use a charter out of Destin, even though its farther away. The name of the boat is First Light. Here’s the link: http://www.fishingfirstlight.com/ We have always caught fish. I’ve used him 6 or 7 times but not in the last two or three years. He will go for what ever species you want to go after. The weird thing about Captain Steve of First Light is that you will not really see or talk to him. He remains up top and the first mate, Billy, takes care of the clients. They have always had me on fish. Check out the pics on his site, I’m sure you will see baracuda. In fact I caught baracuda while fishing for Grouper and Snapper.

We usually go at the end of July also, but this year we are gong to Mexico.

I live in Destin. PM if you want help.

[email protected]

Happy to help. I’m too big of an idiot to figure out how to email you on the site

[quote=“Porque”]
Depends on what you are looking for and what you want to spend. There are a couple of guides that launch off the beach in Grayton Beach, which I think is cool, but I’ve never used them. These are obviously smaller boats and you don’t go way off shore. Its very convenient and cheaper. Much closer than PCB or Destin.

I usually stay in Seacrest or Rosemary and use a charter out of Destin, even though its farther away. The name of the boat is First Light. Here’s the link: http://www.fishingfirstlight.com/ We have always caught fish. I’ve used him 6 or 7 times but not in the last two or three years. He will go for what ever species you want to go after. The weird thing about Captain Steve of First Light is that you will not really see or talk to him. He remains up top and the first mate, Billy, takes care of the clients. They have always had me on fish. Check out the pics on his site, I’m sure you will see baracuda. In fact I caught baracuda while fishing for Grouper and Snapper.

We usually go at the end of July also, but this year we are gong to Mexico.
[/quote]

Porque, in Mexico, do you fish off-shore or the freshwater inland lakes? If you like black bass fishing I have a recommendation for you. And I can also recommend an outfitter, which I am in no way connected too. Just been using the guy for fifteen years or so and have had really good results.

Kellygirl Charters is great. I have used them three times and always been pleased. They do long trips, short trips, all adults or are good with kids.