Fake injuries?

once again…an opponent seems to have had questionable injuries as we were trying to run up tempo…no those injuries didn’t cause us to lose the game but it sure is frustrating to know it can be done and there’s no consequences for it…just my 2 cents worth

4 Likes

I thought the SEC was supposed to be looking into these this year?

1 Like

Right out of the Gus Malzhan play book. Bush league.

4 Likes

It Cheapens a legitimate injury, that strategy doesn’t have a place in the game.

1 Like

I don’t know how long it will take, but I think the SEC will one day have a mandatory injury report like the NFL. That will put an end to any doubt about the legitimacy of an injury.

1 Like

Not sure an injury report will have any impact on someone faking a muscle cramp! Should be a reviewable play and a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. He obviously looked to the sideline and flopped!

4 Likes

Good point, but minus a discernible signal from the sideline, how do you determine a muscle cramp was faked? It’s tough to police.

1 Like

Could the league at least officially ask the coach and the player about it and get them on the record (blatantly lying) about it? I know last year I saw video of LK openly signaling a player and mouthing “Go down” from the sideline. Present them with the evidence and force them to defend it.

1 Like

Over two flops a drive! An automatic 15 yard penalty on the third, The next one, 15 yards and an automatic suspension for the player for the rest of the game. Suspension + 15 yard penalties should “ stop the flop”.

2 Likes

Make the kid sit out the next 5 plays. That would hopefully slow it down, if not end the trend.

5 Likes

There sure seemed to be a discernible signal, today. The OM NG was standing there, appeared fine, looked to the sideline and then went down in a heap.

It was obvious enough that the TV crew took a brief break from their breathless, non-stop hyping of Corral to laugh about it.

2 Likes

Which one are you referencing, Adam? I must have missed it while I was writing. I’d like to go back and watch.

Last drive off the game. Around their 30 yard line. About a minute left.

Actually I think it was :13 left.

No doubt he looked to sideline then went down. Cheaters

It would seem easy enough to put a stop to. When a player goes down in a situation like that, he should be ineligible to return to the game until his team has regained possession of the ball.

It is always interesting which player goes down. It is generally a defensive lineman, a position that seems to be the place where teams are rolling more players. That was what Ole Miss was doing, the player going down was going to be subbed for anyway. No issue to take him out. The only thing I can see to do about it is make that player miss two possessions (or a quarter). That doesn’t seem fair when there is a legit injury.

College soccer has an interesting way of dealing with subs. You take someone out in the first half, they are done until halftime. You can sub liberally in the second half.

2 Likes

if the injury can be proven a fake…maybe suspend that player for the next half like they do for targetting…got to protect that injured player

Fake injuries expose the lack of integrity of the HC.

5 Likes

Laney’s character went from a 2 on a scale from 1-10 to a 1. I would show the parents of a recruit the video of that last fake injury and remind them that this coach allows this lack of integrity on his team.

1 Like