Even if we win against WKU and lose

to both LSU and Missouri. I hardly think 3-9 is an improvement over last years 2-10 and he should be fired. Especially the way we have lost our conference games literally getting blown off the field even at home!!

I agree 100%

I think that’s an almost universal feeling among fans.

I wished the the BOTs and the AD would listen to average fan

3-9 and 2-10 both fall below Morris’s self imposed standard for Arkansas. The article below is from after the 2018 season finale. He doubles down on his “ 4-8 is “unacceptable” comments from prior to the 2018 season and says better days are coming.

Still waiting coach.

I am sure glad that they don’t!

Why? The average fan is ignorant of most things related to Razorback athletics. Some on this board prove that.

1 Like

You are correct. They should make whatever decision they want without our input and only charge us ticket prices and ask for donations after a win. I like that.

Well, yes & no. Certainly the BOT needs to use its own best judgment & not that of fans who might not know all the things the board knows. However, when fans as a group start dropping out of the program & as a whole vote with their feet (or pocketbooks), the board better listen to them. I know fans can be terribly unreasonable & their expectations unrealistic, but it’s not unreasonable to expect a coach to improve the product for terrible to slightly less terrible after two years.

Morris seems like a wonderful man. He didn’t want to fail. I didn’t want him to fail. I still wish we could go 3-0 in the last three games. Heck, I’d give him the benefit of the doubt if we just wins 2 of the 3. But if we finish 2-10 or 3-9, somebody needs to explain to me how we can expect better next year. I know he inherited a mess, so I was prepared for a 4-8 record, but I expected to be more competitive in our losses & not to lose to SJS or get blown out by a bad MSU team.

That said, I know there are financial considerations & other things I don’t know, but one thing I do know is that fan support is awful & that could cost us more than a buyout.

1 Like