Evan Lee called up

Evan Lee will make his big-league debut today as a starter for the Nationals against the Mets.

4 Likes

The first batter Evan Lee will face is Brandon Nimmo, who once committed to UA, but elected to sign a pro contract.

Most probably don’t know that Brandon Nimmo wound up living in Fayetteville for a little while after he went pro. He and James McCann became good friends and Brandon lived with James during the offseason. They trained together at Baum.

I was the leader of a Bible study and both came to it quite a bit one offseason. It was always kind of funny to watch the reactions when we would go around the room and introduce ourselves whenever there was anyone new. “Hello, my name is Brandon Nimmo and I’m a professional baseball player for the New York Mets. Hello, my name is James McCann and I’m a professional baseball player for the Detroit Tigers.”

4 Likes

That’s funny! Reminds me of my day in college back in late 80’s in Ruston when I was in a group with Jerry Stovall and Bert Jones of LSU fame. I didn’t grow up a LSU fan, so someone had to tell me about them. They were so humble and gracious

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.