ESPN "Expects"

saw where all the "expects"were asked who was the best player to not win a Heisman trophy?not a single one answered with Daren McFadden…despite the fact that he was a runner-up in back to back years…doesn’t surprise me one bit about their responses…if one of the admins can link it…i’m not that intelligent…sorry if its been posted…went back 3 pages and didn’t see it in the topics

What do you expert?

The perfect response

Agreed! :joy:

And visor boy Spurior didn’t even vote for him in top 5 even though he ran for something like 280 yards against his SC team!

Which I think explains the omission from his ballot. Had DMac stopped at about 100 yds, Spurrier would have probably included him.

[quote=“Neastarkie”]

Which I think explains the omission from his ballot. Had DMac stopped at about 100 yds, Spurrier would have probably included him.

[/quote]The real reason? His Gator background.

Remember that a vote FOR DMac was a vote AGAINST Florida QB Tebow. Even though Spurrier was the SC coach in 2007, he did win HIS Heisman while a QB at Florida.

The proof that this was his motivation is that he left DMac completely off his ballot - so he would get zero points from that vote. This, even after DMac had torched Spurrier’s Gamecocks for over 700 yard yards rushing (at an 8.0 yard per carry clip) in just 3 years (all wins) against USC East.

Unconscionable and gutless move.

[quote=“WizardofhOgZ”]

Good point. I didn’t think about that Gator connection influencing him.

DMac had 323 yards against SC (which I believe tied the SEC rushing mark for a single game) and visor boy ripped half his hair out slinging it on the ground…

There was little doubt that what Spurrier did was to help his player. I think Heisman voters do that. By the way, you can only vote three names. They count 3 points, 2 points and 1 point. A first place vote of 3 against a left off guy with one is an edge. Don’t ever forget that. There ought to be a committee that reviews voter history and tell what is going on with the regional bias.

The playoff committee is not transparent. No one knows how they vote. And, no one has talked yet. Some day, some time there will be a voter who has had enough and spills the beans. I guess when that happens some of the folks will not want to be on the committee.