Eric Musselman statement

“We recently played a highly contested and emotional game against an exceptional San Diego State team. Shortly after the game, I and some members of our program responded with negative dialogue to a few San Diego State fans. I want to take this opportunity to apologize to the San Diego State community and especially to head coach Brian Dutcher, his staff, their excellent team, and their enthusiastic fans for this post-game interaction. We highly value, appreciate and respect our participation in the 2022 Maui Classic.”

1 Like

That was classy. I would hope in the future that type of thing can be avoided.

5 Likes

Good that he’s said this. Hopefully, far off in the mirror now.

2 Likes

How many folks believe CEM wrote this? How many folks believe he was forced to release it?

2 Likes

I am glad he did this. That puts a closure on this.

I believe CEM wrote this. It is probable that Yuracheck encouraged him to issue an apology.

1 Like

good. let’s move on.

Arkansas plays a fiesty, tough Troy team tomorrow nite.

Hogs better bring it in full. Overlooking this 6-1 Troy team is a big mistake.

I’m not sure if he wrote it (or all of it), but I don’t believe anyone forced him to release it. Maybe there was a discussion between he and Hunter as to whether a release should be made. Or, maybe even more likely, Danyelle encouraged him to do a release.

1 Like

For purposes of the incident, doesnt really matter… only the optics.

2 Likes

Good. It’s out there now. Let’s move on.

3 Likes

Glad to see the statement. Muss let his emotions get the best of him. It happens. Lesson learned and moving on.

2 Likes

Eric told local reporters Saturday that he had “been in discussions” with Yurachek about the incident:

No way Muss was TOLD to do it. Discussed, suggested, etc. I will go for, but he was not TOLD. When the boss TELLS you to do something, you either do it or you are gone. No way in heck would HY or anybody else risk losing the best coach in college basketball over something so silly as this!

1 Like

Thank you Coach Musselman for owning up, being a professional and moving on!!!

GHG!! WPS!!

1 Like

I think Muss just wants to put this s#$t behind him, and he has. Way bigger fish to fry going forward.

Nothing to see here anymore.

4 Likes

It takes a real man to apologize for something in my opinion. Muss did just that! I think it’s time to move on.

1 Like

The problem I see is that the story title is Muss apologizing for the altercation, as though he did something physical to someone. That’s what’s misleading. Unprofessional maybe, but he wasn’t in an altercation. However, clearly a SDS fan tried to be.

1 Like

Guys, these message boards are tough! Kind of like a difficult marriage (had one, fortunately a better one now!) where ones every word or motive is questioned. Regardless of how it came about, Coach did the right thing by his apology.

1 Like

There was probably a one sided discussion with the wife.