EOE-K coach Pruitt says grey (i.e. anthracite) uniforms are gimmicky and bad

Must say, I agree.

<LINK_TEXT text=“https://247sports.com/college/tennessee … -114886910”>https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Bolt/Jeremy-Pruitt-not-keeping-Tennessee-Vols-Smokey-Grey-uniforms-needs-no-gimmicks-114886910</LINK_TEXT>

He’s in for a rude awakening…like a baby calf thrust from his mother’s teat into the cold cruel SEC as a 1st time head coach. Talk is cheap

Just wondering, have we ever seen Alabama wearing anthracite uniforms?

The players like them, so therefor I like them.

Personally, they are not my favorite.

I love the all white look,.

I love the tradition red top and white bottoms.

And I was a big fan of the cowboy themed jersey.

I hope we do a throwback jersey soon, with some of the hold style Razorback logos, that would be neat.

CCM is going to have a bunch of unifirm combos. Just get ready for it. All you geezers that just love the 2007 DMac uniform (heard that 1,000 times) are going to be disappointed. I’m 50 and have zero fashion sense. Glad I’m not deciding what uniform to wear.

I don’t like the new uniforms at all! I like the school colors and wish they would stick to it!

Again, coaches aren’t concerned about impressing old fogies like us; they’re after 18 year olds, and when recruits come to Arkansas, a great many of them, unfortunately, choose to have their photos taken in the anthracite uniforms. I just as soon keep the school colors the team colors but you can thank Nike (at least in part) for all of this.

Anthracite looks better than orange. So does black, blue, red, green, white…

I/ve noticed that too. We need all the help we can get.

[quote=“Hawgjawbend”]

CCM is going to have a bunch of unifirm combos. Just get ready for it. All you geezers that just love the 2007 DMac uniform (heard that 1,000 times) are going to be disappointed. I’m 50 and have zero fashion sense. Glad I’m not deciding what uniform to wear.

[/quote]I’m an old-school guy and, personally, agree with the Tennessee coach. However, I’m also a realist.

I said exactly what you posted, Hawgjawbend, a day or two after CCM was hired. I told my regular watching group (here in DFW) “Get ready for it . . . we’re going to see a different uniform every week”. I’ll reserve judgement on what I do and don’t like until I see what he rolls out, but it’s not like I’m going to boycott them based on the uniforms.

Yes, like most of us, I have my opinions on the subject. I could list them here, but (a) I’ve done that at least a dozen times over the years, (b) most of you would prefer I don’t; and © it doesn’t matter anyhow - they will wear what they will wear regardless of what I prefer. I know that. I just hope it is some combination of Cardinal red and white - our school colors. If they can at least do that, I’ll bite my tongue and just go with it.

I love them, hope they create more alt unis. TN coach said that because he’s a real dud. I liked TN alt uni. Ours are much better.

I hate anthracite. It’s not a school color. I’m not much happier with a “uniform” of the week. But it doesn’t matter what I think. I know that. The coach is going to do what the players like. I’ve come to accept that. But I can still have an opinion & I can still voice it.

I’ll bite my tongue and just pray that we never wear anything as hideous as those turd looking things Florida broke out last year.However, if highly ranked recruiting classes and 8+ win seasons don’t soon follow, I will launch uniform message board jihad!

I don’t really give 2 craps what a coach at EOE-K says. They wear the 2nd ugliest uniforms ever; Texas wears the worst. I hate orange.

I’m convinced if you need “cool” uniforms to attract players - you’re akready a loser

All these “good looking uniforms” do is make you the best dressed losers on the field

Just look at Arkansas record

The only uniforms Ive really enjoyed was the 1964 aniversy obed and even with those Arkansas lost to Bama

Unimpressed

Be Arkansas and win and the uniforms will become cool

It doesn’t matter what we all think about different uniforms IF the players like them I do TO.

I understand this argument but don’t agree with it.

Do fans’ opinions not also matter?

Fans opinions certainly matter, but not as much on some subjects as others

If it helps getting SEC quality players. So be it. I’m old and like tradition. Whatever works just so there is not a hint of orange.