Enos wasted his best weapons

Unless I’m mistaken, among the best players on Arkansas’s offense are Chase Hayden, Cheyenne O’Grady, Jeremy Patton, T.J. Hammonds, Jonathan Nance and Kendrick Jackson. All of these players appeared, then disappeared from the offense during Saturday’s awful game.

Does anybody understand why these players were so underused?

[quote=“RandyReece”]
Unless I’m mistaken, among the best players on Arkansas’s offense are Chase Hayden, Cheyenne O’Grady, Jeremy Patton, T.J. Hammonds, Jonathan Nance and Kendrick Jackson. All of these players appeared, then disappeared from the offense during Saturday’s awful game.

Does anybody understand why these players were so underused?
[/quote]No but it seems to be the norm for this coaching staff. We hear all fall and during game week practice how great they are and then game day they are non existent. Go figure.

I agree!

This is something this staff has consistently done that drives me nuts.

Last year we wasted a year on tj hammonds, when he could’ve been redshirted, for probably a total of less than 10 plays.

All because he had ball security… but never once put the ball on the ground. You can’t be afraid for a kid to make a mistake, many players carry the ball wide, some fumble a lot some don’t. If they begin to fumble, clearly you have to fix that. Until then, if they are wide but tighten up before contact…so be it. Let the kid play, give them the ball, not everyone is a high and tight, between the tackles player. They need their leverage. But if they don’t make a mistake first, why punish them.

Write Enos a letter!
I never thought there was any flow. From the drop by JRed to the out of bounds catch by Cantrell.
Most possessions were 3 and outs. What did work they got away from. With the box loaded we ran right at them. We never established a passing threat. When a naked bootleg should have been run inside the 5 we hand off to RB for a loss on a safety blitz. Figuring anything out from this team is nonexistent. I don’t care who you are it’s hard to run with the box loaded up.
Poor playing calling and poor adjustments
TCU out played the hogs period. Enos needs to get it done. Those speedy receivers and sure handed TE need to get open and makes some plays so the running game will work.
people we play know what’s being called.
Before you can call someone a weapon you need to see with your eyes what they can do. I haven’t see anything yet

Most baffling to me, was the under utilization of Kendrick Jackson. For the life of me, I did not understand the idea of running the ball in the red zone with no lead blocker. I know we did that more than once. Bad game for a lot of folks Saturday, including our coaches.

There is no excuse for not getting Hayden and Hammonds more carries. Also, totally agree about Kendrick Jackson in short yardage. It wasn’t Enos’ best day…

they generally go to 2-3 tight ends in the game and remove the fullback. That is why Kendrick Jackson was not in the game. Cantrell is a better blocker and has hands to catch the ball so they went with him. Jack Kraus was also in and he is a blocking tight end. Hammonds knee must not be up to go or I have a hard time not thinking he gets in the game. Nance may know how to run only one route and not familiar yet with the offense to be trusted to run additional plays to make the critical reads. Remember Dominique Reed and way back Chris Baker, both speed blazers but could not grasp the route reads and blocking to get on the field.

Chase Hayden is nice, but he cannot pick up a blitz yet. TCU knew if he was in the game it was a run and they teed off on him the 2 times he was in. Welcome to College Football.

O’Grady, Patton Cantrell and Gragg could really help Austin here if they will know the routes and block. This will allow the younger receivers to continue to learn how to read protections, figure out what routes to run and get off of the press coverage. All a huge learning process.

Give them time. last two years folks wanted Enos with a big contract for lots of money long term. Gotta take good with the bad. it will get better.

Pike, you’re right. Fans flip really fast. Enos was loved loved loved.

We are really inexperienced on offense. Wish it weren’t true. I thought a SR. QB could overcome inexperience almost everywhere else…but that was probably naive. I think we will get better on offense literally every game. You saw the inexperience in Cantrell even…who has played alot…but mostly as a blocker or catcher of screens. If Cantrell simply understands where he is in the endzone we tie the score early in the 4th Q. After we doink the FG rather than score a TD the tide really swamped us. We are really green at WR, TE, tackle, and tailback (outside of Devwah). We will get better.

The question is can we win some games as they gain experience and improve? Cause Brett has gotta win some games. Pronto.

It’s been said that you lose a game for every freshman you start. Look at the two-deep. A lot of freshmen or redshirt freshmen. At least three starters and many more are playing. In many positions, if it’s not freshmen starting, it’s first-time starters. I was hoping their talent might prove that old saying wrong, but it’s a difficult learning curve. I do think that it bolds well for better results as they mature.