Embarrassing

Reminds me of the UALR loss. Yes we won but a very POOR Performance!

I guess you can quit watching for the year since they don’t meet your standard.

1 Like

One of the most stressful games I have watched this year. After last week pitching was a struggle today Maybe they were too hyped up and got that out of their system today

1 Like

It wasn’t pretty but far from an embarrassment! Any time you win it’s good! I’m glad they got this type of game out of their system!
Change socks and get ready for tomorrow.

4 Likes

No, what would been embarrassing if we had lost the game.This time of year ANY win is Good, no matter who you are playing.

4 Likes

Tbhog, you’re a poor winner!

Sometimes you have to win ugly, especially in the postseason.

6 Likes

Hopefully, you haven’t been traumatized too much with embarrassment.

Do you need medication or counseling?

Someone once said, “that is why you play the games”

I was at the game, so I couldn’t see the strike zone, one of the talking heads on the news said it was tight.

No… I watch every game win or lose but certainly was a poor performance against a bad team. Just because someone says something negative doesn’t mean you’re not a fan. Our pitching and play early was certainly embarrassing and not to our standards. NJIT is the only team we’d get away with that. Sorry if I offended anyone.

2 Likes

Amazing how people on this board or any board for that matter become keyboard Bad Asses if you say anything negative. We played very bad against a very average team and had to bring in Kevin Kopps in the 4th inning to save what could have been one of the worst losses in NCAA history. Thank goodness for Franklin!!

1 Like

You are right. No reason to be embarrassed though.

1 Like

UF lost today. How do you think they feel?

1 Like

It was ugly but by no means embarrassing We won. We will have to play better tomorrow but surely we will.

2 Likes

Cmon Southpaw… Florida is not the #1 National seed and not playing NJIT, a default champion and barely above 500 for the year. Our pitching was abysmal and fielding not much better early. Looked like we were hungover from the SEC championship.

Guessing you are ok with five home runs?! No baseball team (ever) has both its pitching and hitting going every game. But I will gladly take a team that wins 80%+ of its games against top 25 competition. Even if they occasionally play down a bit.

1 Like

It was bad and inconsistent from right-handed hitters to left-handed hitters.

Maybe Embarrassing was to strong a word since we won… BUT it was very bad for a good portion of the game. Very concerned that key pitchers simply can’t seem to throw strikes as of late. That is a big concern. I’ll be sure and eat crow if they turn things around.

Aside from Monke, I don’t think there have been any front-line pitchers who have struggled to throw strikes. Pitching had been strong for about eight games prior to today.

1 Like