Elmo

All of your posts have been consistent. Jerry was behind the hiring of CCM. CCM does not have the experience to be Head Coach in the SEC. You do not buy into anything CCM says. We could have hired a much more qualified coach. Coach Morris should not be so optimistic.

Maybe I have left out some of your mantras but those cover most of the bases.

You really do not have a beef with CCM. How could you? All he did was interview for the job. If you have an issue with the choice that was made, take it up with those who made that choice. One post grilling the hiring process or the people hiring should cover everything that you are upset about. Don’t beat on CCM, he did what you would do when he put his name in the hat. Why not leave him alone until you have something substantive to criticize.

So, why not contribute your concerns about how he got hired into one post. Then, sit back and evaluate CCM when you have something to evaluate. After your one new enlightening post, I look forward to hearing back from you next December.

I suspect Elmo is a Gus Sniffer that is butt hurt pretty bad.

Why would a Gus fan be upset? Arkansas offered the job to Gus and hired one of his best friends.

I’m guessing a Norvell relative, just a wild guess.

The Hogs didn’t offer enough money. The dream of all the Gus Sniffers was smashed, just when it looked like it was about to happen.

It will take awhile for them to get over it.

They can’t admit they were played.

But on the positive side, Auburn has to be
out a lot more money just to keep him
long enough for them to fire him.

They couldn’t stand by and watch an
Arkansas coach kick sand in their face on
his way out the door to his triumphant return home.
In a few years, they will likely be out even more.

Without looking back at his exact words, Elmo says he’s been backing the Hogs for over 40 years. But was a kid as his Dad mused over the mistreatment of Nolan when he was fired.
Maybe my math is wrong here but,

Wrong, about Nolan. I was referring to when he first got hired. After the way he acted at the end when he said to pay him his money, it was time for him to not be the coach anymore.

I have no hidden motive. I just didn’t agree with the choice of the HC of the Hogs.

I really didn’t want Gus, but would have been ok with it. I have stated in previous posts the numerous coaches who were much more qualified and prepared to take over an SEC West program than CCM. Doesn’t matter what our team is doing last season. It’s the top of the top, and it’s about minimizing the damage of a change in coaches. The guy we have now just doesn’t demonstrate that type of leadership and experience, in my opinion.

[quote=“elmo871e”]

Wrong, about Nolan. I was referring to when he first got hired. After the way he acted at the end when he said to pay him his money, it was time for him to not be the coach anymore.

I have no hidden motive. I just didn’t agree with the choice of the HC of the Hogs.

I really didn’t want Gus, but would have been ok with it. I have stated in previous posts the numerous coaches who were much more qualified and prepared to take over an SEC West program than CCM. Doesn’t matter what our team is doing last season. It’s the top of the top, and it’s about minimizing the damage of a change in coaches. The guy we have now just doesn’t demonstrate that type of leadership and experience, in my opinion.

[/quote]I have no idea how Coach Morris will work out, likely no one else does either, but when you talk about leadership and experience, not sure your opinion is all that supported by evidence. Since one cannot assume to know how you define and measure leadership, I will just move to experience. If you compare Morris’s experience today versus Malzahn’s,at the time he was hired to take over a highly regarded program, Morris does not seem that inexperienced. If one looks at Muschamp’s experience when hired at Florida, Smart’s when hired at Georgia or Pruitt’s at Tennessee it does not seem Athletic Directors at these top programs had concerns with making hires of equal or less experience. Not all of these have been home runs, but with the exception of Pruitt, who has no track record, but they have proven to be pretty decent coaches, albeit Muschamp’s Florida experience was not great.
Based on opinions, I would be inclined to value those ADs opinions over yours.

[quote=“KeithGuthrie”]

Good post - hiring coordinators with no HC experience or G5 coaches with little HC experience
in college is the norm these days. Add the new Miss St. coach to the discussion.

All good points.

But those hires at the other schools you have referred to came from long tenured, and well ran CHAMPIONSHIP caliber programs.

The only one that missed badly was McElwain. And believe it or not, my opinion was that he wouldn’t last. I wan’t impressed with his work at Colorado State.

I was the same opinion about Kirby Smart, especially after the way things started there. Couldn’t believe the Mark Richt was let go. But, I was wrong about him. And, one thing about him was he was with Saban for a long time. A lot of championships and experience.

I would say the one thing a coach learns by being with Saban a Long Time is - bring in the top talent in the country = Wins & Championships, anything less = you don’t win & No Championships.