Elite 11 Saturday tidbits (updated 10:30 pm)...

Arkansas QB pledge Chandler Morris looking sharp in the first session at the Nike Elite 11 at The Star in Frisco, Texas. Razorback head coach Chad Morris, Chandler’s dad, is on hand and looking on with pride.

New Arkansas quarterback Nick Starkel is among the college counselors at the Nike Elite 11 this weekend along with Texas’ Sam Ehlinger, Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts, Michigan’s Shea Patterson and Houston’s D’Eriq King.

LSU pledge TJ Finley (6-6, 239) is an amazing physical specimen. Really stands out

Both Chandler Morris and Jacolby Criswell had good mornings.

They come back at 6 tonight.

I talked with Jacolby about what happened with Arkansas and am writing that story now.

Longview’s Haynes King, once linked with Arkansas, looks to be down to Auburn and Tennessee although Texas A&M is also in the mix.

Longview’s Haynes King, once linked with Arkansas, looks to be down to Auburn and Tennessee although Texas A&M and Duke are also in the mix.

He and LSU pledge TJ Finley were the last two in the 5-star drop competition with King winning it.

Clemson five-star commitment and No. 1 overall quarterback prospect D.J. Uiagalelei did not make the trip due to schedule conflicts with his high school team.

Alabama is trying to flip the commit of USC commit Bryce Young, 24/7’s top dual-threat guy.

I sure wish King would go to any other team than one in
our side of the SEC.

Arkansas QB pledge Chandler Morris very impressive in drive down the field competition at Elite 11 tonight here at The Star in Frisco, Texas.

Missed on a couple of passes, also dropped some dimes.

Former NFL QB Trent Dilfer is running things

Was also very impressive in his trip down the field. There were about four incompletions in 12 passes, but two were drops by WRs.

Tonight’s session is over.

Chandler tied for third in the down the field competition. As I said, very impressive.

Findley also continues to impress me.

The final session in Sunday from 10-1:30 p.m.

Aloha,
Oh great. LSU finally has a QB. Yikes!

GHG!

They’ve had loads of good QB recruits, they’ve just never done anything with them.

Their back up Miles Brennan was the #2 or #3 over all qb one year.