Eddie Sutton and Gene Keady nominated for HOF

Keady, of course, was a UA assistant under Sutton before going on to great success at Purdue.

I hope Eddie gets in while he can still enjoy the honor.

Naismith Hall of Fame nominees

In the early Sutton years I was a very young basketball coach trying to learn the game. To learn I decided to work a summer camp at U of A and at that time it was Sutton Keady and Foster as the coaches. Sutton was so impressive and Keady reminded me of a tough football type coach and Foster had great knowledge of the 1-3-1 zone defense which he shared with me. I used the Sutton control offense to get my first big coaching win which was an upset of the #1 team in high school basketball and I used the Foster zone defense throughout my entire coaching career. All three of those guys were great and really helped me.

1 Like

Has there ever been a better basketball coaching staff in NCAA basketball history? I have no idea, but I doubt it.

It’s hard to think of one off the top of my head, but would have to look harder at North Carolina, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky to say that for sure

Joe B Hall’s staff with Leonard Hamilton was pretty good. Not to mention Dean Smith with Bill Guthridge and Roy Williams