Dykes - Call This Game

Jimmy Dykes Razorback or not is exasperating to listen to!

3 Likes

Listening to his broadcast, I swear if Calamari had chapped but cheeks… Dykes would be there to rub lotion all over them. His Calamari man love is hard to take.

4 Likes

He needs to crawl to Kentucky and rent a home! He is not easy to listen to.

2 Likes

Just a suggestion… next game, find Chuck’s broadcast and synch the telecast with use of your DVR. You’ll probably enjoy the game much more.

I wasn’t even aware which ESPN crew was calling the game

2 Likes

Did anyone know the last 4 minutes were important to KY?

Must have just been me that heard that 13 times.

2 Likes

This thread warms my heart.

1 Like

I’ll take Jimmy any game

1 Like

I actually like Jimmy too. He just picks a theme and beats it to death. Remember the Moses “doesn’t get in the way” game.

Within their roles, Doris or Jimmy? Makes you pause, doesn’t it?

1 Like

I think any none Kentucky game Jimmy is fine. He does seem to always manage to get some shot in about how great Calamari (and yes I spell it that way on purpose… he’s a squid) is no matter what game he is broadcasting. But during a Kentucky game he just glows about “the squid” and its hard to take.

1 Like

I didn’t get to watch this game but I have it recorded, I have noticed him praise other teams rather more than the hogs. My guess is that he knows every one knows he’s a Arkansas guy and doesn’t want to catch flack for being a homer. Just me.

1 Like

Had nothing to do with Kentucky or Arkansas. He simply spends to much time talking about random stuff instead of calling the game.

1 Like

Cal’s shoes got more airtime than Musselman, I think I didn’t see a shot of Muss until maybe 6 mins left in the game??

2 Likes

Jimmy did a nice job tonite. It was Ravech who sucked. He clearly did not know who any of our players were. Devo made a sweet steal and dime, and Ravech credited Tate. To me, Ravech was clearly pulling for Kentucky. Kudos to Jimmy tonite.

1 Like

I was shocked at how much the announcers fawned over Kentucky and Coach Calapari. The announcers are supposed to be unbiased, but it was so one-sided. It wasn’t just Jimmy, but Karl Ravich must have a man crush on Calipari and Kentucky.

2 Likes

Calapari is not as good a coach as many make him out to be.

I like Jimmy. He’s not perfect, but who is? I’d hate to have to call a game from my house instead of being at the arena. I look forward to games he calls. WPS!

It is not any different for any of the announcers doing Kentucky games.

I switched over to watch the end of the Vandy-Auburn game. Dave Neal was the p-by-p man. This is a direct quote, “Kentucky lost again. They just can’t catch a break.”

What? Who beat Kentucky tonight? The story he wanted to tell was that Kentucky had lost and couldn’t catch a break.

I wonder what he meant that Kentucky can’t catch a break? But I really don’t care.

2 Likes

Not sure what breaks they didn’t get. To beat Kentucky by one probably meant we were ten points better tonight. While the fouls were relatively even numbers wise, from my, albeit biased, observation it seemed under the basket they got significantly more leeway than we did.

This business of 3rd party interviews going on and on during the game while the broadcast crew is not commenting on the live game action - very annoying! And prevalent during this living room era broadcasting.

4 Likes