D'wan Mathis

I’ve watched his H.S. highlights and this one from G-day 2019 numerous times and the most dangerous thing remains his legs extending plays.

Unless his accuracy improved 10 fold from the previous scrimmage 2 weeks ago their is going to be quite a bit of short passes and QB runs.

He’s a DC worst nightmare because he will keep drives alive with his legs.

1 Like

Exactly but keep in mind this is the 3rd guy up. Imagine if this situation occured here with Felipe Franks opting out and KJ Jefferson not cleared yet. I would be a little apprehensive about calling a bunch of run plays for Malik Hornsby knowing his backup probably just started taking snaps less than 2 wks ago.

This kid is fast and has a big arm. He will take off running often.

1 Like

He will be very raw but dangerous, hopefully he will throw it to us trying to make a big play.

1 Like

This is what we’ll be facing constantly for the foreseeable future. We’re no different from Bama in this regard. We need to learn how to limit the damage that these QBs do with their legs and keep them contained in the pocket.

My issue is not with getting torched by the Cam Newtons of the world; those guys are NFL MVP-caliber talents.

I just want us to stop making Joe Schmo into Joe Montana.

3 Likes

Let’s hope that Coates puts him on the ground a few times from the blind side.

3 Likes

Jmetsrule we’ve never made a QB look like Joe Montana. They all look like John Elway.

1 Like

Very true.

1 Like

I’m sure his arm is way better than it was a year ago, but it wasn’t impressive a year ago. I’m guessing we would prefer he pass than run or handoff. 10.7 100m is fast. We should avoid over pursuit and being out of contain with that kid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.