Dumb foul costs USA 2 points in the opener

An unfortunate brain freeze from Zimmerman resulted in a penalty that allowed Wales to tie USA in the 80th minute. I was counting 3 points just as this happened.

USA had a great first half where our young team (youngest in the tournament) looked world beaters. They did come back to earth in the second half and a little bit of panic set in. Loved the goal where a nice feed from Pulisic resulting in a beautiful finish by Weah.

I think it is going to come down goal differential between USA and Wales for the second spot behind England.

Hoping for a scoreless draw with England on Friday. But Idin’t know if USA can handle that 19 year old wonder kid Jude Bellingham.

1 Like

Like targeting. He thought he was going to be first to the ball and lunged. Except the world class striker stepped too. That is way my daughter (a sweeper/marking back in college) noted it as well. Can’t make that mistake with striker’s back to goal. But it happens when you step to the ball.

I think targeting is unintentional. But it’s a moving target with offensive player’s helmet moving down.

1 Like

Apparently Zimmerman’s social media account is being bombarded with nasty hateful messages from US soccer fans. I guess part of what you sign up for as a USMNT player. This type of nastiness continues to happen in all sports.