Dugout was really into the game today

The dugout was Awesome today!! 1st time I have heard them all yr.I We are normally not like that but man I hope we keep it up bc I think it helped us tremendously! They were reacting to every pitch and I think it kind of got to their Pitcher…Great job!! now lets keep it going!!

1 Like

Huge series on deck…

2 Likes

CVH called it out too and how he liked how chirpy they were

DVH is getting ready for post season. McEntire made a huge impact on depth to the bullpen with his performance! The fire and energy has been missing a lot this season.

3 Likes

My question is why they’re not always that way??

2 Likes

Was that Hognoxious on the camera after the game ended? I didn’t get a good look but just a brief couple of seconds of a Razorback fan and his wife.

I have wondered the same thing! This team seemed to be too business like. Like they were all playing in suit and ties. Now I know they get their uniforms dirty. I’m just making a reference to the business like thing.
I know that CDVH is a no nonsense kind of coach, and he expects his players to act professionally and respect the game, respect the opponent. They do.
That is why it was so heartening to see some excitement on display in the dugout. You can do that without being disrespectful or bush league, like some other teams that we all know.
I believe it worked well for the team yesterday. I hope they keep it up!!

1 Like

Yeah I hope they keep it up too … This is college baseball,there won’t be but just a couple play in the major leagues if any, enjoy the time you have in college. Root and holler for your teammates while they’re at bat! That encouragement means a lot to the batter and can rattle the pitcher… I thought it sounded awesome, so much different than the way it normally is…

1 Like

I’m all for emotion and enthusiasm, but it can be overdone. I don’t mean in the sense of being obnoxious, but in the sense of exhausting those emotions. I’m glad we can win as much as we do being “strictly business.” I don’t mean that’s how we should always be, but I don’t want to use too much emotion during the regular season and be out of emotional energy when the playoffs get here.

1 Like

Basically agree, but had we lost this series I think our chance at hosting a Super Regional would be a single digit.

1 Like

Absolutely. Sunday was a day when we needed the emotion. It was a crucial game

I don’t think baseball is like football. I think emotion is good everyday. That is one thing that I really love about softball those girls are really supportive of each other I love to hear all the chatter in The dugout.

1 Like

IMO this is a stupid thread. Dumb

To talk about an emotional dugout?? WT Sam Hill. Depressing to read. Should be a level of enthusiasm that is carried all the time.

BTW I’m NOT downing any posters at all.

I don’t think it’s a stupid thread at all… The dugout was very upbeat and supportive Sunday and as a result the team came out swinging The bats better than they have all year and hit a very good Auburn pitcher harder than he had been hit all year long… Is there a coincidence to that???I don’t know because I’ve never seen that much support for each other from The dugout all year… Maybe it was because the microphones are right there by the dugout and I can very easily hear it but I did not hear it on Friday or Saturday so I don’t think that’s the case. Baseball’s a very tough sport you need all the encouragement you can get IMO. That’s why I posted the thread

Look youdaman I said I wasn’t calling any names or jumping on anybody.

All this should be automatic.

But to tell college kids to rally around your teammates is sad…

Yes basically what I said that it should be automatic every game but it hasn’t been that was my point.

1 Like

OK good enough. WE shouldn’t have to even say “Man the team is really cheering on their teammates”

2 Likes

I don’t mean the team should ever be devoid of emotion. They should always cheer their teammates and have some modicum of enthusiasm. I’m talking about that intensity draining and exhausting living and dying with every pitch kind of thing.

Plus I like for the team to look like it’s been there before. (I’m all for dogpiles after championship wins as long as no one gets hurt at the bottom.)

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think they should go hard at it like the girls do LOL but I did enjoy the upbeat atmosphere the other day it was very refreshing and it appeared to really excite our guys

1 Like

My coaches recognized my best contribution was cheering my teammates on from the bench. It was my thing. :+1:

3 Likes