Dudley/RD or anyone on finish?

It was nice getting all those commits early, but sure has been slow for us since. Not complaining so please, don’t think I am. I just love this time of year in recruiting, and is a big reason I pay for this board and scouts old. With things shaping up for the final 5-6 they get, who do y’all believe it could be?
I’m thinking close too:

1. Chevin Calloway
  2. Thomas Johnston
  3. Troy James? Find out today
  4. OL: Wickline maybe
  5. DE: Curtis/Thomas
  6. Best available
    Thanks for any info!

My guess:

Chevin Calloway
Joe Wickline
OL
DE
Best other 2 available

Chevin Callaway
Kyrei Fisher
Troy James (deciding Monday)
Will have to do some checking on others before posting,

Thanks guys. Well, now we got Troy James. 5 spots left.

1. Chevin Calloway(who y’all said you feel good about) man, what a secondary class that would make.
  2. OL
  3. Thomas Johnston(or some good LB)
  4. DE(true DE, not a twinner DE/DT)
  5. Best available
    Thanks for the hard work y’all have been doing!

Sticking with Chevin Callaway and Kyrei Fisher.

I also like Arkansas’ chances with Javier Edwards.

Call me crazy but who is the Kyrei Fisher guy? Sorry if I missed it.

OLB/TE from Tulsa Union. Not sure at which position we’re projecting him. Committed to Minnesota. ESPN has him as a 3-star.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.espn.com/college-sports/foot … rei-fisher”>http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/223053/kyrei-fisher</LINK_TEXT>

What happened with Thomas Johnston? I thought we were in good shape with him??? Please tell me we’re still in good shape.

Thanks, Swine!

If he wants to come he can but he needs to decide now. They’re only taking one more LB. If Fisher comes that’s it.

My gosh, would that be disappointing. I would think we could wait it out. There is time.

There is time. What there isn’t is seats on the bus. We have 20 commitments, I think. There is not room to take everyone, and goodness knows we have more needs than just linebacker (OL comes to mind).

If you put all your efforts into Johnston and not get him then what? They like Kyrei too. You can’t be left holding the bag.

Trust me, I get it. Heck, it bit us in the butt last year. But I find it hard to believe that we couldn’t wait out Johnston and then, if need be, go take Fisher from Minnesota at any time that we want to.

That’s not how it works.

You can’t tell a kid he can’t commit and then expect him to be down with being a second choice.

Johnston has given no clear sign that he is coming here.

Fisher has certainly hinted at it - and likely done more than that Sunday when he met with Coach B

Ok. If that’s the case then I don’t ever want to read you talking about a kid with an offer who wants to commit but was told to hold off. B/c I can guarantee I’ve read that from you guys at least a dozen times over the years.
And if we can’t take a kid from the state of Oklahoma who is committed to the Univ of Minnesota whenever the heck we want then we have problems

Pretty sure that you don’t get to tell me how to do my job just as I certainly wouldn’t show up at your office and tell you how to do your.

And your scenario seems to me to be like telling your fiancee that the wedding is on hold because you have a chance for a date with Sophia Vegara.

If there was a vast difference between the two players you might work something out, but as Richard said they really like both.

1. Go ahead and get defensive if you like but it’s pretty clear that you didn’t deny the fact that I was right. You’ve (and RD) said many many times that UA is asking a kid to hold up on committing. Now you’re telling us that’s not how it works. It can’t be both ways.

2. Terrible analogy. We’re talking business, not marriage. While I understand relationships are involved in recruiting, the kid isn’t sticking with freaking Minnesota no matter when we come calling and you know that’s likely true.

3. I would argue that there is a definite difference between the two. I don’t care that they’re both 3* kids.
    - Johnston offer list: Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Miss St, Clemson, Ole Miss, Oregon, Mich St, NC St, Louisville, Iowa, Ariz St, GA Tech, VA Tech, etc…
    - Fisher offer list: other than Arkansas, he only has 3 other P5 offers. That would be Minnesota, Colorado and Kansas (and we ain’t talking basketball).
    - The staff identified Johnston as a priority very early and went hard. It appears that Fisher is a backup plan who they offered 2 weeks ago.
    Tell me again there isn’t a difference.

He wasn’t being defensive. You made a crap, tough-guy comment and he called you on it.

If you don’t like that, maybe you should choose your words more wisely.

After reading your posts, I have zero doubt you are a millennial.