Dudley...attendance

Saw today that total attendance at Baum -Walker including post season was about 350,000.

Curious what was the total basketball attendance for 2018-19? I can’t find it.

Thanks

275,012 in 17 games. You can find it on the 2019 basketball stat page at the UA website.

Since BWA capacity is listed at 19,200, a sellout every night would be 326,400 for 17 games.

275,012 - Home games
172,951 - Away

Averages:
18 home games - 15,278
13 away games - 11,140
3 neutral site games - 9,376

Sorry that’s the way I found it broke down

For comparison the 350,000 at Baum breaks down to an average of about 8,750

Thanks guys.

Anyone have the revenue breakdown off of tickets sales between basketball and baseball?

I’m not sure I buy the 15,200 home average, I guess that’s tickets purchased not paid attendance.

I’ll post my real question…is baseball more profitable than basketball in the athletic budget? Or does conference TV money give basketball the edge?

So is baseball. There aren’t 8000 people in the park on a Tuesday afternoon in February.

Basketball is very profitable without TV money. Baseball makes a small profit. In 2017 basketball made a profit of $16 million. Baseball’s total revenue is nowhere near $16 million, much less profit. A pack-the-park crowd at BWS wouldn’t bring in much over $100,000 for a single game.

Those figures are for tickets sold. Basketball sold 275,012; baseball sold 348,775. I do not know, nor do I trust the accuracy, of the tickets scanned figures for both sports this year.

Basketball is way more profitable than baseball, in large part because of media rights fees. Based on the latest numbers I have, basketball turned around an $8 million profit in the latest reporting period. Baseball doesn’t come close to that.

There are some cold February mid week games that don’t have 800 there, much less 8,000.

How do all 3 sports count suites in “tickets purchased”? Do they assume they are filled to capacity every game?

The suites are rented for the season, so however many tickets within the suites are counted toward tickets purchased.

Does the revenue of 75,000 more tickets sold for baseball come close to the revenue of tickets sold for basketball? I guess we need to know the average ticket price of both to do the math.

That was what I was wondering. I know football has less games, but generates a lot more money.

No, it does not. In 2017-18, Arkansas sold about 43,000 more baseball tickets than basketball, but basketball ticket revenue was $6.8 million; baseball was $2.3 million. Baseball ticket prices increased in 2019 and the discrepancy in tickets sold was larger, so the difference won’t be as much, but it will still be a sharp contrast for 2018-19.

Regular seating for basketball, except for a few upper deck seats, was $25 last time I checked. I haven’t been to a regular game at BWS for several years but I think normal seating is $12; however season ticket holders get a volume discount IIRC (their average is less than $12 per game). Bud Walton has 9000 more seats than Baum-Walker. And I’m willing to bet suites at BWA are more expensive than those at Baum.

I know it boggles your mind because baseball is winning big and basketball and football aren’t, but baseball is not going to come close to either sport as a revenue source. Ever.

Not only that, but there are 13 more suites inside Bud Walton than at Baum, although a handful have gone unsold the past few years.

Basketball also has the floor-side seats (I’m willing to bet that took away some suite clientele) that are worth $12,000 apiece the last time I checked. A second row of floor seats was added last season.

Yeah, some have both seats, but there were a couple of suites available. The second row of seats went for $10k last season.

Actually curious, what are the average ticket prices for each sport?
How much more revenue in concessions is there?
What is the prices for parking for each?

I ask, because I’m curious if you were to take out the media deals, which sport would actually make the most. Yes, I’m very aware the television deals are major factors in the actual revenue.

Parking is free, except in scholarships(RF) area, we averaged more season tickets sold in basketball, than tickets sold per game in baseball. Basketball makes the most, and it’s not comparable.

I don’t necessarily agree with you. If you take out the television deals (I’ll say avg ticket price $15, for the “big three”)

FB - avg 50,000 - 7 games - $5,250,000 - ticket sales
BB - avg 15,000 - 18 games - $4,050,000 - ticket sales
Base - avg 8,750 - 40 games - $5,250,000 - ticket sales

I’m also willing to bet that concessions goes 1. FB 2. Baseball 3. BB

So if you take out the revenue from TV, baseball may actually make more. Because there were twice as many games. That’s why I asked about the average ticket prices. If they’re the same, baseball may make more without the television rights. Add that in, and I’m sure basketball jumps way ahead.

Well, your average per ticket is way off, lol. Baseball season tickets were $250 for a $7.35/avg, basketball’s cheapest were $225 for a $12.50 average, and football’s cheapest is $250 for a $41.66 average. This doesn’t even begin to factor in the 11,000 club level seating at RRS which go from $125-$250/game. I won’t even start on the RF donations required to have the option to purchase the tickets in the different venues.

Hopefully this will settle that baseball ticket revenue is significantly less than football and basketball. The ticket revenue from 2017-18 was:

Football - $29.6 million
Basketball - $6.8 million
Baseball - $2.3 million

Contributions toward each sport (which is somewhat tied to ticket sales because they award seats/parking based on contributions):

Football - $14.9 million
Basketball - $4 million
Baseball - $1.2 million

Arkansas’ baseball team makes a lot of money - more than just about any other college program in the country - but it comes nowhere near the value of football or basketball.

Baseball tickets are the best value on campus and I hope they stay that way because of the opportunity it affords to families who cannot afford the cost of football games, or even basketball to a certain extent, although the cost to get into basketball keeps going down. For baseball season ticket holders, it is a great return on investment.