Down go the horny back toads!

Is Bama gonna back in to the CFP?

I don’t think so. TCU is probably still in. 3 point loss in OT for their only loss likely trumps a 2 loss team even though Bama played a tougher schedule and also lost on final plays.

I dunno. That schedule was pretty weak. There is a glimmer of hope for Bummer. We’ll see.

I would assume TCU will get in at No. 4.

Ga. will kill’em. Sorry but a 12-1 record in the Big 12 ain’t the same as a 10-2 record in the SEC but the majority of voters won’t see it that way.

2 Likes

Nor is it the same as 11-1 in the big 10. Its arguable that bama deserves the 4th spot over osu.

If we’re going by the best team, I agree, we all know there are other considerations they’ll take into account

Voters and fans across the country have “Bama fatigue” and are tired of them getting into CFP, thus I think TCU is in. Wonder if ole Saint Nick is politicking tonight?

Voters and fans don’t matter. It’s 13 people on the committee. Nobody else’s opinion matters.

1 Like

They have a common foe, Texas. Alabama was fortunate to beat Texas. It was early. But that does not help Alabama.

A bad spot kept TCU from scoring in OT. Should have been a 3 inch to score rather than a 30 inch. But, that’s football.

I think the committee reflects fans in this Bama fatigue as well. I bet some of these committee folks feel the same and are tired of Bama getting in.

The committee should not be looking at anything other than determining who the top 4 teams are. Once you get past Georgia and Michigan, that becomes a very difficult task. Fatigue, as Nolan Richardson reminded us, makes cowards of us all. It should have no place in this process. I can’t say with any certainty who the third and fourth best teams are. I just hope the committee tunes out emotion and biases of any kind, and makes their decision based solely on where the relevant data leads them.

In two years with expanded playoffs, we will get to see who best twelve are on field and not voting booth.
I would take Bama but as noted fatigue may have set in . Still no one would want to play them.

Doubtful.

Here’s the committee. SEC rep is the Kentucky AD. The chairman is the Iowa AD. One of them just hired Deion yesterday. Another one’s school beat TCU yesterday.

Now it may well be that they decide TCU’s 12-1 is superior to Bama’s 10-2, with its best win against a team TCU also beat. But it won’t be because of Bama fatigue.

I’m getting fatigued by all this talk of Bama fatigue. And when they expand the playoffs to 12 teams, there will be just as much controversy over who that 12th team should be.

I would put my money on Alabama against TCU. Better athletes and a better quarterback and a better coach.

Well… Bryce Young won the Heisman last year but he’s probably not going to be a Heisman finalist this year. Max Duggan probably is.

Only reason I want Bama in is to share in the $$$$ for an SEC team.

Toughest strength of schedule of any team in the CFP

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.