Don’t look now

There is an lot of baseball left to be played, I realize that.

But them ASU Red Pups beat Coastal Carolina last night and are looking like they might be contenders in the Sun Belt.

IF we continue to have success and IF we were to host a Regional, and IF ASU makes the NCAAT, you can bet your last dollar they would be sent to Fayetteville. And wouldn’t that just be interesting.

[quote=“Docestes1”]

IF we continue to have success and IF we were to host a Regional, and IF ASU makes the NCAAT, you can bet your last dollar they would be sent to Fayetteville. And wouldn’t that just be interesting.

[/quote]I have no problem playing ASU, but then I live in Georgia and have seen how exciting this type of rivalry work. Make economic sense, too.

[quote=“daBoar”]

Bring A State on. I’d like to see them play.

Yeah bring them on they got body slam twice by Missouri and swept by Louisiana tech

It’s unlikely to happen, but no doubt possible. If it happens, it happens. I absolutely loathe ASU athletics & nothing would suck worse than losing to them, especially in a regional, but I have no doubt we’re much better than they are. If they’re here, it’d be as a 4 or 3 seed. I doubt their ace could beat Campbell & I’m confident our hitters could beat their ace. If they’re a 3 seed, they’d have to beat #2 for us to meet them in the second game (assuming, of course, we beat the 4-seed.)

Regardless, there is indeed a whole lot of baseball left. Unless they’re a lot better than their record outside the sunbelt suggests, they’re unlikely to get an NCAA without winning their tournament. And unfortunately, we’ve still got a long way to go before we can count on hosting a regional.

You can bet every ASU fan within 500 miles of Baum-Walker would try to get tickets. Their raison d’etre is to play the UA.

If they were to come to Baum-Walker they would just be able to get 600 tickets , I believe . The other 10 to 12 thousand would be Hog Fans .

They would fail. We sell out BWS for a regional without any help. NCAA makes us give visitors a few tickets, and we would, but they’re not going to turn BWS into Craighead County Northwest. Although the secondary market on StubHub would be interesting, if illegal. See how much the wannabes wannapay.

The NCAA selection committee pairs by regions, and driving time is critical. It’s much cheaper to send ASU to Ole Miss, although maybe not by much. That would be my bet, if Ole Miss is able to host. They aren’t there yet, but they might be when it’s all over. I’ve always been fine if that’s how it works out, Arkansas and ASU play in post-season. That means ASU earned it. So be it.