Do you hear that?

The laughter from Coach’s Anderson and Richardson? But what am I saying. Surely this is all part of HY’s master plan. He’s got a sure fire home run hire waiting to spring upon the fans and SEC at the last minute. Sampson, Musselman, Beard, just red herrings. I’m sure he has a list of twenty to thirty top tier power five head coaches begging for the job. On a serious note, to all of you a week ago who were just delighted that Coach Anderson was let go. Are you still happy? Having second thoughts? Still thinking that this last season couldn’t get worse? It looks like we are heading for yet another Mid Major up and comer. When the new coach is hired, let’s all welcome the second coming of John Pelfrey.

Yes
No
I never thought that

I love the people that have concluded that if we hire any mid-major it will automatically mean another John Pelphrey.

Well 2009 and everyone else over joyed that Coach Anderson is gone, for the next few years as the new coach gets his players and system implemented, please spare the rest of us on how awful the team is playing and losing to teams we should beat. It’s going to be very difficult watching this team getting hammered and ran out of the gym by not just the Kentucky’s, Florida’s , and Auburn’s. But by Ole Miss, MSU, LSU and A&M.

I can assure you there is no laughter in the Anderson household.

Not only is he disappointed for himself, but he wants the Razorbacks and the state of Arkansas to succeed.

Absolute proof that some in the public don’t know the man.

Noted
Any other rules of posting you want to pass along?

Sometimes I just sit and read this stuff and get nauseous. I loved coach A. I was fine if we kept him, fine if we didn’t. I’ll admit I got tired of driving to Fayetteville this year to see those home losses and was tired of watching these piss ant programs like Baylor , Kansas State, Texas tech etc be ranked on the top 25, meanwhile we were ranked like 8 weeks in 8 years or some bull crap. Some of our fan base are some of the most whiny ass miserable people I’ve ever seen. It’s a frickin basketball coach, nobody died. I can promise you coach Anderson isn’t the least bit concerned about my two little daughters, my job or my bank account, nor am I with his life. He’s set for the rest of his life. Way better than I could even dream. A millionaire. hes gonna be great, his wife will be great. We will hire coach that will at least match what coach A did here in terms of those three NCAA appearances I feel safe saying. If not…guess what, we will fire him and hire another. We were what we were under coach Anderson. It wasn’t gonna change whether 8 years or 18 years.

[quote=“Lovemyhawgsforever”]

Well 2009 and everyone else over joyed that Coach Anderson is gone, for the next few years as the new coach gets his players and system implemented, please spare the rest of us on how awful the team is playing and losing to teams we should beat. It’s going to be very difficult watching this team getting hammered and ran out of the gym by not just the Kentucky’s, Florida’s , and Auburn’s. But by Ole Miss, MSU, LSU and A&M.

[/quote]Just because we have either accepted the change, accepted that it was necessary to change or whatever, does not mean everyone was/is overjoyed with the fact that Mike is gone. Unfortunately some of the getting “ran out of the gym” (as you put it)was already happening and a possible reason we are having this discussion and this search.

Many of us are anxious about the search but the reason for the search seems to stand on its own merit.

On the laughter comment. I was being sarcastic. I am aware that Coach Anderson was and is saddened by his termination. Was I trying to get a rile from the “Fire Anderson” crowd? Yes. To me, the grass is always greener is short sided. Remember the old Axium. “Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it”.

Amen

Rick Pitino

Thanks Dudley. Good to hear that about MA.

And I continue to be amazed that the Adersonians have so clearly seen the future to know exactly how it’s going to transpire

No matter who is hired I am prepared to wait and see

It’s called wisdom guided by experience. In the past, D1 coaches have used the University to get a raise at thier current job. It’s happening even as we speak. In the recent past, has the AD didn’t get thier first choice of coaches in regards to the basketball program. Same thing is happening now. This is a result of our former AD and current AD not having a series of top two or three candidates lined up who would say yes. Is it too ridiculous to believe that who ever we get as a coach that they won’t struggle like the Mid Majors we settled for?

Good points

Man…I wish he’d have gotten a shot to see this group through another year.

Mike Anderson did not recruit well enough to sustain success. That is why he is gone. I personally do not believe that would have changed. So yes, I still believe it was the right decision and I do believe that we will get a quality coach when it is all said and done. Pay attention to the fact that Dudley has not posted a lot of info about this search, which tells me that no one really knows what is happening. Projecting that we have are on are way to Pelphrey 2.0 is a bit premature.

This is bad, if something doesn’t happen soon as it relates to hiring a quality coach nobody will accept this job,except maybe a desperate mid-major coach that has nothing to loose who’s looking to bounce back or a spring board to launch a career. These kids will not stay here, nor any one of substances come. I wonder if Mike would come back to coach here if asked, of course with an Salary increase

You have no idea who we will get as a coach. Who are you trying to say I told you so to? Just cause you hear a rumor and want to believe Coach X, Y, or Z is coming and that doesn’t happen, doesn’t mean that it was ever true in the first place or that we are having a problem with our search. Chill and let it run its course and then make a fuss about it if you want.

It has been a week. With the tourney still going on. Y are you freaking out???